Thursday, November 21, 2013

#shayeveryday2013 Week 30 plus some "firsts!"

Day 204: This is my happy hour.


Day 205: Working on a mosaic after nap time.


Day 206: The last day of Cheerleader Camp was successful!


Day 207: Thanks to Ms. Andrea's big find, Kensington had the perfect pink Wellies for our rainy Friday.


Day 208: I had the very best time celebrating sweet Kara's new baby boy (due this fall!) at her shower on Saturday night!  I also had the very best time catching up with my sweet friend Hilary (due this January!).

Day 209: In her Sunday school class, they had a box of dress up clothes.  Being the girl that she is, she automatically dressed up in this and declared herself Queen.


Day 210: We came home from our morning activities and found that the A/C wasn't running.  On a 99 degree day in Texas, you really need that A/C working!  Kensington laid down on the hardwood floors and declared that she would stay this way until the house cooled down.  Smart girl.  The floors were the coolest place in the house!  (And yes, we were able to get it working.  And by we, I mean, Andrew came home from work and fixed it until the repair guy could show up later that day.  Thank goodness for Andrew!)



And now for some "firsts" in our lives...

Smith discovered the rowing machine at Dick's Sporting Goods and has decided he wants to be a professional rower.  There are so many things wrong with this: 1. He doesn't like water deeper than 4 inches. 2. He doesn't like any kind of strenuous activity.  3. We don't live near water. 4. He's only three.


Last Saturday, we swapped kids with Erika and had our first sleepovers!  I had the boys and Erika had the girls.  It was so much fun!!  Believe it or not, two 3 year old boys can be so much fun!  

Best friends :)


Kensington loved her first sleepover!  She had the very best time!


Erika told the girls to "pose" the next morning.  And this is them.  These two are going to keep us on our toes in the coming years!


We also had our first cheerleader camp this week.  Monday was pretty rough and Kensington didn't like it.  Apparently, she had been placed in the kindergarten line instead of the preschool line and she was so confused/upset/sad about the whole thing that she wanted to quit.  We told her she had to go back at least one more day and try it again...and she LOVED IT!  Once she got in the right group, she was good to go.  I took her and Ebby Lee on this day, Crazy Hair Day, and they had so much fun!


Crazy hair for crazy girls!


On this day, I told Smith he didn't have to take a nap...but being the sleeper that he is, he found a spot and napped anyway.

Don't forget that tomorrow is our Pin-spired day!!  I can't wait to see how Pinterest has inspired you for the month of August!

I have my last official lunch of the summer posted on my foodie blog today...


...easy and delicious Monte Cristo Sandwiches.  My kids thought these were awesome!

Have the best day!

Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
 Instagram @mixandmatchmama

No comments:

Post a Comment