Friday, November 22, 2013

Barcelona & Riviera Cruise: Days 1 & 2

Oh.my.heavens!  Andrew and I just returned from 12 days in Spain along with a Riviera cruise that took us to Italy, Monaco and France.  We had the very, very best time!  Over the next few days, I'll be sharing some pics of our trip.  But let's be honest...without my kiddos on the trip with us...it's going to be a lot of selfies of Andrew and me.  

OK...let's begin!

Day 1...me at the airport.  At this point, I know it's going to be a fabulous vacation!  I have my latte, my novels, my magazines, my cookbooks and my hubby.  I'm in my happy place!  We flew from DFW to New York where we had a 3 hour layover and then took a 10 hour flight to Barcelona.

We arrived at 7:30 am in Barcelona and went straight to our hotel.  We felt so blessed because they had our room ready for us when we arrived!  Thank heavens!!  We stayed at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona. I think we've decided this was the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in.  We had a huge window view of both the city (here) and...

...the beach.  The hotel was right on the water.  The room was huge and gorgeous and the bathroom was fabulous.   As seasoned travelers, our best advice is this...do not sleep when you arrive!  Even though you're tired and have jet lag...if you sleep, you will never acclimate!  We showered, put on fresh clothes, had a cup of coffee and headed out to see Barcelona.  (I repeat, do not sleep!).


Our first stop was the famous La Sagrada Familia cathedral.  Beautiful!




After seeing the cathedral, we headed to the main shopping area in Barcelona called Las Ramblas where we proceeded to walk 6 miles over the course of the day.  We just love walking and taking in the city.  We stopped in shops, we ate ice cream, we really savored the day.

Walking 6 miles earns a girl 2 scoops!


We stopped in this cafe for lunch (pizza!) and a quiet spot to take in the city.


We walked back by the beach on our way to dinner.  The Barcelona beach is really beautiful and packed with people.


And here we are headed to dinner.  At this point, we had been up for over 36 hours and walked 6 miles...after we took this pic, we headed for cheeseburgers and fries!  A much deserved treat after such a busy day!

More vacation to come!  To see days 3 & 4 click here.

Happy Friday everyone!  Make sure you check this out below...

I'm celebrating my 100th Bundt Cake with a $100 Visa Gift Card Giveaway!

You better run over to Mix and Match Mama and check out my all-time favorite Bundt Cake and enter to win that Visa gift card.

Monday, I'll be announcing Bundt Cake #100!  Have a great weekend and I'll see you soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment