Friday, November 29, 2013

Recipe for Baked Swedish Meatballs

Swedish Meatballs made from lean beef and reduced-fat pork sausage are perfectly seasoned.


(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and these Baked Swedish Meatballs that I first made in 2007 are delicious and easy to make.  This recipe could certainly use a photo update, so I think I need to make them again soon.)

Way back in my recipe archives I have a recipe for Swedish Meatballs in Paprika Gravy. (I kind of cringe when I see some of those very earliest recipes now, although they did taste pretty good.) Then in January 2007 I spotted the Oven-Baked Swedish Meatballs from Anne's Food. When I saw Anne's recipe, I realized I'd never tasted authentic Swedish Meatballs with seasonings like ginger, cardamom, and allspice. Since Anne is blogging from Sweden, I trust her on this recipe. I decided I had to try them, and despite the fact that they weren't terribly photogenic, what a great flavor with all those lovely spices. I loved this recipe, and the fact that they're baked instead of fried was a nice bonus.

Click to continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment