Thursday, November 28, 2013

Fabulous Friday!

This Fabulous Friday (and isn't it just fabulous?!?!) is all about things I love from the grocery store/drug store.  Plus, some cute pics I've taken this week of my kiddos as well :).

During the summer, I have to be really careful with my processed blonde hair (yes, shocking I know but my hair really isn't that blonde...it's more of a light brown/dark blonde color).  Since I expose my hair to chlorine almost every day, I have to protect it or it will turn a little green (seriously!)...so, before I head out to the pool, I always put a big dollop of this conditioner on my dry hair, pin it up and go.  Any conditioner will work to protect your hair but I just loooooove the way this one smells!  The conditioner helps block out the chlorine and keep the hair hydrated while out in the sun.  It's a really great trick!


I went in the play room and they were sharing a chair watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame together.  I love these two :).

If there is a mosquito within 20 miles of me, it will find me and bite me.  And I just loathe mosquito bites!  This time of year, I keep bottles of this bug spray stashed in my car, my pool bag, my garage and by my back door.  I have found that this bug spray is the best for me!  I've told several people that this is my favorite brand and they always agree that it works well for them too.


When I did my nail polish post a few weeks ago, I had several people suggest I try Essie's First Base Coat...so, I did and it is fabulous!  I really think it's keeping my polish looking better longer.  A total score!


Smith and I entertaining ourselves at the doctor's office last Friday.  He loves a good selfie ;).




Last summer when Clinique launched their Chubby Sticks, I ran out and bought one.  They were supposed to have been the best thing Clinque had done since their face wash...but I was really disappointed   For $16, I really had higher expectations.  Then this spring, Cover Girl launched their new Jumbo Gloss Balm for a fraction of the price and you know what?  I love it!  They did what Clinque failed to do...at a much cheaper price!  It goes on smooth like a chapstick but has great color that lasts.  It's also really easy to apply, so you don't even need a mirror.  This is a total drug store score!


Buy this ice cream.  Buy it today.  Buy two of them.  Then send me a thank you note.  This is hands down the best ice cream I have ever eaten.  Andrew doesn't even like lemon and he thought it was delicious.  I served it the other day with Bree's Easy Fruit Crisp and the combination was out of this world.  Trust me.  Buy it.  Now.  

I drink a lot of water each day.  A lot.  And I always squirt a little flavor in there.  Well...I hadn't tried the Blueberry Lemonade Mio until the other day when Sheaffer pulled it out of her purse at a restaurant (because that's how we roll) and put some in my water.  It is sooooooo good!  It's my new favorite flavor for my water!


And finally...I went into my bathroom the other day and found Kensington playing in my makeup (a big no-no!) but then I noticed what she was doing.  She was giving herself a smoky eye...impressive, right?  Considering she's 4, I think she did a great job at the smoky eye!  Maybe she's a future makeup artist?

Grillin' Week is coming to an end over on my foodie blog.  Make sure you check out all of the quick and easy recipes I posted this week for your grill (and they aren't all boring burgers!).


 Congratultions Kensey!  Email me at mixandmatchmama@yahoo.com to claim your prize!

Everyone else, feel free to shop Thirty One for your own pool bag and/or thermal totes today!  You will love their products!!

And today is the last day of Grillin' Week over on my foodie blog...check out what I think you should grill this weekend...



Have a great weekend everyone!


Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Find me on Instagram  @mixandmatchmama


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment