Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Shopping with Sheaffer and Shay


I am so excited to introduce our new series to you!  That's right...our new series.  Sheaffer from Pinterest Told Me To and I decided to join forces and bring you Shopping with Sheaffer and Shay.  

Here's the thing...Sheaffer and I see each other a lot.  Almost every day.  And a lot of the time, we see each other at the mall.  Our kids love to eat lunch at the food court and play at the mall playground, so Sheaffer and I seem to always be at the mall together (often with other friends and their kids too).  Sometimes, we breeze through Gap or Loft with our little ones, but usually, we are just being moms and not really shopping.  

Then one day it hit us...why don't we go to the mall without the kids and shop together?  And then post our shopping adventure for all of you to see!  Brilliant, right?!  We went on a Sunday afternoon while the dads stayed home with our kiddos and had the very best time.  We shopped, we drank Starbucks, and we laughed and laughed.  Hopefully, we'll be bringing you a Shopping with Sheaffer and Shay post every 4 to 6 weeks...we had so much fun shopping together (and not messing with our kiddos), that we've decided it must be a regular affair. 

   The fun thing about Sheaffer and me is that we are so much a like...but we shop for different things.  This week, I'll be showing you what I tried on, looked at and bought and then next Friday, Sheaffer will do the same.  We won't repeat any of our items.  Here we go...this is what I shopped for...

Of course, I headed straight to the accessories department!  Let me just tell you...Nordstrom has stepped up their game with accessories!  They have so many fun hair ties, hair bands, hats, fedoras, scarves, jewelry...you name, they have it at super affordable prices! Everything was so bright and fun for summer.

I fell in love with this scarf!  It's light and bright and comes in a variety of colors.  Click here to see the entire collection (the orange and white are my other favorites).

I also bought these new hair bands.  Aren't they fun?!  When it gets hot this summer, wouldn't you rather pull your hair up with one of these then just a plain old band?  

After I left the accessories department, I walked over to the MAC counter.  I have been hearing about how MAC's Pro Longwear Paint Pot eye shadow stays put despite the heat and humidity without creasing.  Well...this Texas girl needs all the help in the makeup department when heat and humidity show up.  I can't stand my makeup creasing, running or rubbing off because of the weather.  I bought the Let's Skate shade (which is a nice neutral) and have really loved it!  It goes on smooth and stays on all day despite the yucky weather.  I've even layered some other other powder shadows over the top of it and it works great as a base layer.

When I left the makeup counter, I went upstairs to the active wear section to look at workout clothes...

  
Nothing motivates me more than having one new piece of workout clothing.  A new top, pair of pants or shorts can really make you want to hit the gym.  I also love working out in bright colors...you just look better when you see yourself in the mirror if you're wearing a bright color! 

I loved these pants, sports bra and top.  All three comfy, stretchy and soft (very important qualities in workout clothes!).  I also thought everything would work well for low-impact (like yoga) to high-impact (like running).  Very versatile!






I also found these cute shorts too!  These would be perfect for running, cardio classes and/or spinning.


As I was leaving the active wear section to find Sheaffer, I passed by the undies...


I have never bought undies before at Nordstrom (usually Gap or Victoria's Secret) but oh heavens!  What fun colors they have...and they were less expensive!  At Gap, you usually pay 3 for $25 but at Nordstrom, it was only 5 for $25.  I decided it was best not to model undies on the blog...but here is a pic of their collection :).

After I found Sheaffer, we left Nordstrom and headed to Loft (a.k.a. Sheaffer's homeland).

I don't know if you've noticed before...but I adore a 3/4 sleeve shirt.  Shirts like this one work great in summer (look at it paired with my shorts) and they work equally as well in fall or winter too (they're so easy to layer).  I love the purple stripe...I considered buying one of each color, but I refrained.  A simple tee like this will last you all year long.



 And you know I couldn't leave without trying on some of Loft's fun bracelets!


After Loft, we headed to one of my favorite places, Gap.  I mean really...who doesn't love Gap?!

Hello?!  Have you ever seen me in a long skirt before?  You're shocked right?  Well, I was a little too...but I loved how soft and comfy this long skirt was!  In fact, it's not just a skirt, you can pull it all the way up and make it a maxi dress as well.  It's Gap's new Four in One dress/skirt.  I loved it rolled down at the waste and made into a skirt.  It's navy and pink, so I paired it with Gap's navy tank (so comfy and soft I might add!).  Another similar maxi skirt is here too.



Ahhhh!  That's more me, right?  I love, love, love these frayed shorts from Gap too (paired with the same tank).  The best part about these shorts is that they have major stretch to them...nothing is worse than a tight pair of shorts.  I love the solid colored ones but these blue and white print shorts are so much fun too!



Fun, right?


Next up, I paired a striped tank with some of Gap's clean front shorts.  Ok...you know how I love my J Crew Chinos, right?  I'm obsessed.  But these Gap shorts were really cute too with a great fit!



I switched up my tanks and tried on the olive colored shorts.  A great neutral!

Whew!  That was a lot of fun!  After Gap, we headed to Starbucks (of course!), where we put our feet up (me in wedges, her in Toms) and chatted before heading home.

So much fun shopping with Sheaffer!


The next day, I headed out in my new Gap tank, Nordstrom scarf, hair pulled up in a new fun band and of course, my J Crew Chinos.  


Thanks so much for shopping with us!  Don't forget, check Sheaffer's blog next Friday to see what she tried on and purchased on our fun shopping day.  

If you have bought something because either myself or Sheaffer have suggested it, tweet us and tell us about it!  #shoppingwithsheafferandshay @mixandmatchmama and @simsslp.

Dinner tonight is easy because I used my slow cooker...in the summer!  Yes!  Click here to see what I made.

Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Find me on Instagram  @mixandmatchmama


Have a great weekend!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment