Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fabulous Friday!


This Friday is extra fabulous because we get a 3 day weekend!  I am so excited to spend my three days with my family, around good food and near the pool.  I am so thankful for the service men and women who have given their lives to make our country free...I give thanks for them every day. I  also want to thank the active military for protecting us right now and for their families that send them off and hold down the fort at home.  God bless them today and every day!

Ok...some fabulous things from this week...

Catherine texted me this picture...she bought this light-up headband for Kensington.  Kensington will want to wear it every.single.day.  I don't think that's fabulous but Kensington sure will! :)

Starbucks has a new Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappaccino out...and it's pretty spectacular!  I get it "light" without the whip (but I keep the "crunch" on top)...and it's really, really good!  I might have had 4 this week. Maybe.


While swimming last Saturday at my parents' house, Smith pulled his raft out of the pool, took his towel and said he was going to lie down, relax and take a nap.  Which he did...for two hours until we woke him up for dinner.  Now...that three year old boy can be a hot mess!  He threw a nasty tantrum on Wednesday...he's no angel all the time...but, that kid can sleep like no other.  Forget swimming, he had a nap to take!  I think that's fabulous!

I usually wear a bronzer and blush on my cheeks...but I read a lot of great reviews about this Laura Geller product that combined both the bronzer and blush together.  Since I like to pair down as much of my makeup as I can during the hot/humid months of summer, I thought I should check it out.  Wow!  I am hooked now!  It gives me this great color that isn't too heavy, too bronzy or too much blush.  It's really perfect and I bet I end up using it year around. I love it!

And yes, I'm still using my Nars Multiple in Orgasm.  I use it a lot as an eye shadow this time of year or dab it on top of my cheekbones when my makeup is starting to look a little dull (half-way during the day).  It really is my go-to for a quick pick me up! 


Kensington's teachers gave me this photo.  Is this my child or what?!?!  Fabulous!

It's that time of year when I have to apply a ton of sunscreen every time I step outside.  I totally despise sunscreen...but it's a necessity.  I started using this new Neutrogena Beach Defense spray for myself (not my kiddos) and it has been great!  It's not sticky, it doesn't have a strong smell, and most importantly, it works!

Kensington was busy with the tape and markers the other day...and then I went to her room and saw this sign on her door.  I asked her what it meant and she said, "no little brothers allowed".  Perfect.  I should have had that sign when I was growing up...



I'm totally into these crocheted Toms (they come in a bunch of fun colors).  I can count 4 friends off the top of my head that have them...and look stinkin' adorable in them!  A comfy Tom is the perfect way to kick off the summer.

(If you checked the blog early Friday morning, you saw a red Tom on there...well, it sold out!  That tells me, you need to check out these Crocheted Toms before they do too!)


And the winner of the Florence Adams Giveaway is...

Margie!

Congratultions Margie!  Email me at mixandmatchmama@yahoo.com to claim your prize!


And for one last fabulous thing, check out my foodie blog for some great Memorial Day recipes!  Enjoy your long weekend!

Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Find me on Instagram  @mixandmatchmama



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment