Friday, November 22, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Favorite Kitchen Gadgets


Here's the thing...I'm not a gadget kind of girl.  I'm really not.  I don't have a lot of techy gadgets, I don't really understand how to work my DVD player, my i-Phone has about 4 apps on it, and so I certainly don't have a lot of kitchen gadgets.  I'm pretty simple when it comes to gadgets.  

That being said, this February when we moved from our home into the rent house, I picked only my very favorite things to come with me (the rest of it went to storage...including my cookie cutters...why did I put my cookie cutters in storage????).  These are the few things that I must have in my kitchen...and believe me, I do a lot of cooking in there!  But I manage to do it all with just a few favorite things...


I must, must, must have a single-serve coffee pot.  And this Cuisinart is my absolute favorite!  I've also had a Keurig before too...


...and Keurigs are fabulous as well.  I prefer the Cuisinart because the tank is bigger (so you refill it less) and it's a little quieter...but the price on the Keurig is less and it makes wonderful coffee, so you really can't lose.  I just have to have one of these gadgets in my home!  And if you're a coffee drinker (or tea or hot cocoa drinker), then I highly, highly suggest you get one of these babies!  I love them.  Love, love, love them!



And of course...if you do a lot of baking or pasta making...you must have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer.  Whipping up a batch of cookies or a decadent cake will be so much easier with this baby!


But this little guy right here...this very purple one...is my go-to for mixing in the kitchen.  All 100 of my bundt cakes were mixed with this very hand mixer.  So simple to use and easy to clean...probably my second favorite kitchen gadget (next to the coffee pot, of course!).  It comes in a variety of colors but purple is my favorite!


And my food processor.  I don't use it all the time...but when I need to use it, I'm so happy I have it!  It's quick and easy to clean...all important things when trying to get dinner on the table fast!

I've blogged about my love affair with my juicer before.  I bought this Breville mini about 8 months ago and since then, we juice everything around here.  My kids love adding in fruits and vegetables (and drinking their creations) too.  But my favorite part is the fact that everything goes into the dishwasher and comes out squeeky clean.  No scrubbing or drying...simple, simple!

And that's it for gadgets!  What's your favorite kitchen gadget?  Am I missing one???  I'd love to know!

Hope you're having a great day!  Lots of love on this Fifty Two Shades of Shay day!

And don't forget, I'm counting down my favorite bundt cakes this week on Mix and Match Mama...click here to see what my 4th favorite bundt cake is!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment