Sunday, November 24, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: My Favorite Cookbooks


My very favorite thing to collect are cookbooks.  I get this from my dad's mom.  My grandma (we call her Mimi) reads more cookbooks than any person I know.  My grandpa once told me that she studies them...I do too.  When going on a trip, I include not only fictional novels in my bag but several cookbooks as well.  I absolutely love reading cookbooks.  

I collect a wide variety of books...covering many, many topics...but my very favorites...the ones I go back to over and over again are the ones below.  They are so consistent, so family-friendly, perfect recipes for busy women during the week.  And I can read them over and over again.

Here are my favorites...


The Gooseberry Patch books are probably my favorite.  They are so simple, easy to read, with ingredients that aren't pretentious or complicated...just good food.  I also love that they come separated by a variety of topics (breakfasts, holidays, appetizers, slow cooking, casseroles, pastas, etc.).  I counted...I have 21 of them (collected over the last 10 years).  You should absolutely check out all of them, but some of my favorites are the following...









**Keep reading for a great discount code from Gooseberry Patch!!**

After Gooseberry Patch, my favorite cookbooks are from Southern Living.  Not only is their magazine fabulous but their complete cookbooks are too.  These two are my favorite...


What's for Supper has so many great fast and easy recipes!


And this Complete Quick & Easy offers up not only entrees but everything from dips to appetizers all the way to desserts.

My love affair with cookbooks continues with the greats like Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, the Deen Brothers, and Sandra Lee.  The bottom line is that all of these are family-friendly, budget conscience, simple, hearty, satisfying and inspiring.

Here is my biggest tip for reading through a cookbook...

...have a pad and pen handy.  As you flip through the pages, jot down the names and page numbers of anything that sounds good to you.  Then, leave that piece of paper inside the cookbook.  When you're stumped for a new recipe (and of course, you've already made everything off of Mix & Match Mama), then just pull out your paper and look over your list.  Keep the list with the book or else you won't remember which recipe came out of which book.  Trust me...it simplifies things.

Grab a big cup of coffee, a pad and pen and your favorite cookbook.  Dinnertime is calling.

*************************************************************

OK...so, I sent a quick email to Gooseberry Patch telling them that I just love their cookbooks and would be featuring them on my blog.  I asked if my readers could possibly have a discount code...well, the fabulous people that they are emailed me right back and said yes!  How about a 15% off code?!  Is that fabulous or what????  The code is good now through the 10th!  I was floored!  How sweet are they?!?!

So...make sure you click here to see all of their cookbooks!  You will fall in love with these little books too!

And use the code MIXMATCHMOM at checkout for your discount.


And speaking of food, head over to Mix & Match Mama to see my Mushroom Risotto!  Yummy!

Happy Monday!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment