Tuesday, November 26, 2013

This and That

And here is some randomness from the last week...plus, I answered some of your hair questions at the bottom.  Is it Friday yet??? :)

Smith and Nixon being...well, Smith and Nixon


Some more tennis pictures because one day, I'm sure the US Open will want copies of these...you know, for when they're tennis champs...   This was Kensington at the net...


...and then little Smith at the net.


On Friday night, we met Kara and her family for Mexican food and fun!  Plus, some awesome horseback riding out in front of the restaurant :).




Love her!


Love him!


Sweet girls!  We love hanging out with Landry!!

On Sunday night, we went swimming with the McAnally and New families.  Up until sweet baby Griffin came along in April, Kensington was always outnumbered 5 boys to just her...needless to say, she is in love with baby G and so happy to have another girl (even if that girl is only 2 months old!).

See how outnumbered she is?


I love these kids!


And this picture of Smith looking at Mason just cracks me up!  Mason is a two year old ham...and Smith obviously wasn't feeling it at that moment!


Now...yesterday, I did my Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Beachy Hair edition and I had some questions from you guys...here you go:

1. Do I wear my bun at night high or low?  How do I secure it?

I wear it high just so I can lie back on my pillow without it in my way.  I just wrap it up in a ponytail holder and stick it up there...it doesn't look fabulous but it works.  I also sometimes just pretend like I'm going to do a high ponytail but then on the third loop around, instead of pulling the hair all the way through, I stop halfway and leave it.  That way works too.

2. How do I deal with creases in my hair from the ponytail holder (a.k.a. rubber band)?

If you're wearing your hair beachy, then a crease doesn't matter (your beachy waves will just add texture over your crease).  If anything, the crease will just give you a little extra texture.  Don't try and have straight hair before you start to make it beachy...that's counter productive!

3. Does the dry shampoo I recommended make my hair greasy?

Absolutely not!  It's fabulous!

4. What do I do after I workout?

Well...it depends on the workout.  If I workout outdoors during the hot, nasty summer weather, I'll wash it that night before bed.  If I do yoga or a strength class that doesn't get me too sweaty, then I don't wash it and use dry shampoo instead.

5. What is my hair doing in pictures when it's not down but not in a ponytail?

I wear my hair in this one particular way the majority of the time (while I workout, when I'm playing with my kids, when I'm home...a lot!).  It's like I explained above...pretend you're going to pull your hair into a high ponytail but then on the third loop through, stop your hair half-way (so that you don't pull it through to a ponytail).  And that's it.  Done!

6. How do I use the curling iron?

Wrap small portions of hair around the barrel and point the top of the iron to your ceiling (don't hold the iron parallel to the floor).  I leave the ends hanging out (and not curled in the clamp) to give it a more beachy look.

7. Do I always wash my hair at night?

I really try to.  I would say that I do about 90% of the time.



Thanks for all of your hair love!


Lunch today is one of my very favorites...my Open Faced Pesto & Avocado Sandwich...


I absolutely love this lunch!


And so the week continues...lots of love from the Shulls!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment