Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Wedges


Alright...this is happening.  I'm talking about my wedges.

I mean, come on...look at the Fifty Two Shades of Shay image!  The wedge is my signature trademark.  I am a wedge enthusiast...and this is the post where I show you all sorts of fun wedges and talk wedge love with you...

I really don't remember wearing my first pair of wedges.  I was probably 4.  Maybe 5.  Let's just say...it was a looooong time ago.  To me, wedges are the perfect shoe.  They're heels (because...why wear a flat when you can wear a heel?), they give you more support than a regular heel because your entire foot is braced, they are easier to walk in than pumps, they are timeless, and they look good with everything from pants to shorts to dresses and skirts.

My favorite kind of wedge is a neutral wedge...one that can go with anything...so, let's first take a peak at some of those...


Most years, I buy at least one pair of neutral wedges.  This year, I bought this one.  I think Steve Madden makes the most comfortable wedges out there...and durable!  I have Steve Madden wedges that I'm still wearing that are 8 or 9 years old.  I really, really love these!


And look how cute these are!  I love the color, the cork, the straps...I really like these too! (And psssst: they also come in pink!).



I've been seeing these Jessica Simpson wedges in Nordstrom a lot lately.  They're really, really cute and the heel height isn't as tall as others.  If you're new to a wedge, this might be the perfect shoe to test drive.

I blogged about these wedges two weeks ago...and now they're on sale!  Now, they're 33% off...that is pretty fantastic.

Click here to see an entire page of fabulous neutral wedges.

Maybe you're not a neutral wedge kind of person?  Maybe you like a little color?  Or black?  Here are my favorite non-neutral wedges this season...

This little orange wedge (it also comes in blue or brown) is not only fun and bright for summer...but it is soooooooo comfortable!  And the heel height isn't crazy tall...this is an easy to wear summer shoe.

Sheaffer and I have talked about this wedge so much that I'm pretty sure 90% of you have already bought it.  It is the most comfortable wedge I've ever owned.  Ever.  I love this patent black color...but right now, it's also available in taupe (the perfect neutral), red and white.  I have tried on every single color (and purchased a couple of them)...this wedge will be your favorite shoe E-V-E-R.


Look at this fun coral color!  It's so fresh and fun for summer (and this shoe also comes in black, neutral and blue).  Coral is the perfect color for summer.


I am also pretty smitten with this navy wedge.  It looks sophisticated and fun for summer...and perfect for all occasions (and it also comes in nude).  I love the buckle on the side too.

This wedge is on sale right now too!  And look how stinkin' cute it is?!?!  I'm starting to think other than pink, green is my favorite color to wear.  Green is so fresh and yet has a classic look about it.  I heart these green wedges.


Here is some more wedge help for you...

If you're looking for wedges under $50, here is a great list.

If you're looking for wedges with a low heel, here is a great list.

If you're looking for wedges with an extra high heel, here is a great list.

If you're looking for pink wedges, here is a great list.

If you're looking for yellow wedges, here is a great list. 

You might ask, why do I always link to Nordstrom shoes?  They have the biggest selection, they always offer free shipping and free returns with no minimum purchase, they always return a product, and right now...they're having a HUGE sale.  It is the perfect time to shop for wedges!

Thanks for hanging out today with my Shade of Shay.  Next week...we're going to talk about the pool bag...and offer a giveaway.  It's going to be so much fun!

Don't forget to check out my foodie blog...today, I have the perfect meal for breakfast, brunch or dinner.



Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Find me on Instagram  @mixandmatchmama



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment