Monday, November 25, 2013

July Pinspired


And it's July!  My least favorite month of the year.  I'm sorry...but it is.  

I live in Texas.  June is hot but it's fun hot because it's the first of summer (first swim, first shorts, first snow cone, first everything)...but by July...I'm over it!  August is great because pre-season football starts, the September issue of Southern Living arrives and coolness starts to creep into my mind (it doesn't actually creep into the air but if I close my eyes, I can pretend it's coming).  July is just 31 days of heat.

  However...thanks to Mel and Sheaffer, I am taking July as a wonderful opportunity to dig into my closet, get creative and pull together some outfits to keep me looking good despite the nasty weather.  We're getting Pin-spired today!

I want to look patriotic this July 4th without looking like I wrapped myself in the American Flag...so, I took my cues from this Pinterest photo...subtle and sophisticated and most certainly red, white and blue.


Easy to recreate out of my closet, white shorts, red striped tank, chambray shirt (like) and navy wedges (like).


My nails are OPI Cajun Shrimp (thanks to all of your suggestions!).  I love it!  Because I'm blond, I think I look best in gold or rose gold jewelry. You really won't ever see me in silver.  Click here for a great gold watch option.

Mollee V made my necklace.  Love, love, love Mollee V!



And now for outfit #2.

I'm sure you guys all think my favorite colors to wear are neon pink, neon coral, neon orange, neon yellow, neon purple...because I do love my neon colors.  But actually, my 3 favorite colors to wear are pink, green and navy.  I decided to remove pink (because you have all seen 3,678 pictures of me in pink) and just wear navy and green.  This was my inspiration photo...



And this is how it worked out. (Do you see my monkey portrait in the background there?  It's actually really something special...and I love it to pieces but the crew of the Bachelor thought my mom and I were insane for having these paintings in our homes!  She has one and I have two.  I love my monkeys!)


I'm wearing those same white shorts...I really, really love them!  And right now, they are marked down sooooo much at Gap!  A pair of white shorts will last you years and years...and as you see today, they can go with everything.

  I also love these striped tanks from Gap (which are also on sale!).  And click here to see my navy top (lots of other colors and they're on sale now!).




Not the best photo of my foot but I wanted you to see my shoes. I bought them two years ago and wear them all the time.  A great neutral shoe will last years and years!  Click here for similar options.

Don't forget to link up below...we love seeing how you were Pin-spired this month!  (And I would also love to know what your least favorite month is...I know everyone has one month they like the least!)

Don't forget to head over to my foodie blog...today is my suggested July 4th menu!  You don't want to miss it!



Lots of love to you this July!


Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Find me on Instagram  @mixandmatchmama


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment