Thursday, November 21, 2013

Barcelona & Riviera Cruise: Day 7 Portofino, Italy

If you missed what I had to say over the weekend about the passing of Kidd Kraddick, click here.


****************************************************

Day 7 was glorious!  We woke up bright and early and stepped foot on Italian soil...Portofino to be exact. 

 This wasn't our first Italian rodeo.  Since we've been married, we have been to Italy twice before.  And both of those times I was pregnant (yuck!).  Click here to see when we went while I was pregnant with Kensington and click here to see when I was pregnant with Smith (I was also rocking the braces on that trip!).

  Needless to say, I was really happy about being in Italy and not being preggers (except all of the pasta I ate wasn't negated by the phrase "I was eating for two"...I was just eating enough for two people...but there was only one of me!).


This port didn't dock, so we took tenders from our ship to land.  For those of you who don't know...a tender is just the life boat off the side of the ship that goes back and forth between the ship and the dock.  Also for those of you that don't know...I get seasick BIG TIME!  I can't even sit in a boat on a still lake without getting sick.  The bathtub practically makes me seasick.  So the little ride between the ship and the land could not have ended fast enough for me.  I absolutely hate boats (which is ironic because I love a cruise...big, giant, humongous ships don't make me sick because I can't feel them move...except this one cruise I took when I was in college with my family...I prayed for death on that thing).


Arriving in beautiful Portofino :)




When we docked in Santa Marghertia, we could either take a water taxi or bus down the road to Portofino...or we could walk the 3.5 miles down the coast ourselves.  We decided to walk.  It was early in the morning and the weather was gorgeous.

After 3.5 miles (the last 1.5 miles was up the side of a mountain...can you say TIRED?!), we arrived in Portofino.


After some strolling, we found a wonderful cafe for lunch.


After lunch, we spent the rest of the day touring Portofino, walking the streets, shopping, eat ice cream and taking it all in.  I was too busy enjoying to take a lot of pictures...so I Google Imaged some for you...







When it was time for us to head back to Santa Margherita, we decided to take the water taxi instead of walking back another 3.5 miles.  This is how I felt on the water taxi.


Before we headed back to the ship, we walked around Santa Margherita.  This is a Christopher Columbus monument.


And then we boarded our tender and headed back.  I sat as close to the exit as possible so that I could get the heck off that small boat ASAP when we arrived.  That's our ship out there...

...and this is me.  See?  You really can't sit closer to the exit than this!  I'm practically in the water!


That evening as we set sail, Andrew and I decided to watch the ship take off from the pool.


And then we cleaned up and headed to dinner.

Such a lovely day in Italy.

Click here to see the previous port in Monte Carlo.  And click here to see days 8 & 9.

And for those of you who love all things natural, you must check out my friend Jen's blog.  Today, Jen is talking about natural sunscreen...she is the master of testing and re-testing products until she finds the best one.  She is a researching fool!  You can find her every day at Whimsy At Heart.

You can also find me in the kitchen every day...


...tonight, Chipolte and Corn Chicken and Waffles!  Your family is going to love, love, love this twist on an easy chicken dinner!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment