Thursday, November 7, 2013

November Pin-spired


It's November people!  I love November!!  I love the anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas, I love the food, I love that I decorate my house for the holidays later this month, I love that Starbucks will bring out their red cups...I love all of it!

This month, I was Pin-spired by repetition.  I took a couple of items from my closet and repeated them with different looks.  One great scarf or pair of shoes can be mixed and matched all season long.

Look #1
I love a navy pencil skirt.  For me, it just goes with everything.  You can wear a navy skirt with tights and boots if it's cold or strappy sandals if it's warm.  Navy is always in season.

I paired my navy pencil skirt with this great striped Loft shirt, a denim jacket and one of my new favorite scarves.  It's an infinity scarf, so you really can't mess up the styling.  Just wrap it twice around your neck and you're good to go!  You will wear a navy skirt year around...I promise.

And of course, my favorite neutral heel...leopard.  A little leopard with the basic navy really makes things more fun! 

Look #2
I love a tweed jacket with boyfriend jeans.  I talked about it last month and I'm talking about it again this month.  This month however, I wore my new scarf with the look...

This scarf is just so easy to layer!


And that same tweed jacket has become a staple in my wardrobe.  My jacket is sold out but this one has all the same bells and whistles (moto style and neutral color!).  I'm wearing my Viggos jeans and a simple striped tee...but the jacket and scarf make it look complete.


And this month, I'm introducing you to some of my favorites...these are things I didn't do an entire outfit around but they're items in my closet I just keep wearing over and over again!

I seem to wear this jacket and scarf every day.  I didn't realize how much I was going to love this jacket until I slipped it on...and then, I couldn't stop oohing and ahhhing over it.  I have the blue one but it also comes in black and grey as well...


I have purchased these Gap jackets in the past and I still wear them years and years later.  They wear so well and really never go out of style.  Click here to see both versions of this jacket and click here for my fun multi-colored scarf.

Remember back in the summer went I went crazy for the most comfortable wedge sandal ever?  Well...this time, I'm going crazy over these wedge booties.  If you bought the Callisto wedges over the summer, then you MUST buy these booties now!  They are soooooooo comfy!  The minute I put my foot in mine, I called Sheaffer and told her my new booties were as comfy as my Nikes.  No kidding.  I love them.  I love them.  I love them.  Did I mention that I love them?  Because I do!  They come in two other colors too!

And then there are these pants...oh my.  These pants.  Dang.  They are so comfortable!  My sweet mama bought me these soft cord pants for my birthday and they're like the softest things ever.  They're skinny at the leg, so I can wear them with tall boot, booties, wedges and/or heels and they come in 13 different colors! I'm wearing Vience Khaki but I seriously might buy 12 more pair.  Softest pants.  Ever.



I dare you not to find a color you don't love.  It's like wearing your pjs...but they're nice cords instead.  Love, love, love these!!  Thanks again Mom!

Don't forget to check out what Mel and Sheaffer are doing for Pin-spired this month!  And I can't wait to see you link-ups too!  

And on Monday...it's Shopping with Sheaffer and Shay...but with a HUGE sale involved.  You should go ahead and get excited now.

Finlly, it's time to think about Thanksgiving food!  My Pumpkin Butterscotch No Bake Pie is the perfect dessert to bring for Thanksgiving!



Happy November!


No comments:

Post a Comment