Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Kensington's Pumpkin Patch

 On Saturday morning, we hosted brunch for Kensington's fifth birthday!  This year, the theme was 
Kensington's Pumpkin Patch!

Why in the world has it taken me 5 years to realize that I needed to do a pumpkin patch party?  Seriously people!  Why didn't someone point out the obvious to me...I adore pumpkins, my house is already decorated in the theme this time of year, and I have a kid with a fall birthday...it was so obvious!

Kensington was seriously excited about this party!  She is a girl after my own heart.  She told me the other day that pumpkins just make her happy.  Seriously, is this my child or what?!?!

The front and back of her invitation for the year.  Of course, Andrea designed them for me :).  You can check out Andrea's design site here or her family blog (with so many cute and creative ideas!) here.


Every year, my kids get a sign for their room that has their party theme on it.  After the party, we just take off the stake and hang it in their rooms :).


Our little pumpkin patch





One of my favorite pictures EVER!


As you walked inside my house, I had my party favor table set up.  One of the main reasons I love throwing an adult birthday for my kids is that I get to give adult party favors.  You never leave a Shay party without a favor!


I mean come on...you're not surprised by this favor are you?  Seriously, it was a given, right?!


There is a bakery in town that makes the cutest sugar cookies and cupcakes...I just loved these little pumpkin cookies for my guests to take home.


In our kitchen :)


Andrea always makes my banners and food tags.


Yummy pumpkin muffins.  All I did was take my Pumpkin Bundt Cake #12 and pour the batter into 3 (24-count) mini muffin tins.  They just need to bake 9 minutes.  Simple and delicious!


I found this Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Ball recipe on Pinterest.  It was a huge hit!


 Store bought spinach dip inside a little pumpkin I carved.  Simple and yummy!


Kensington's favorite fruit made an appearance.


Pumpkin Patch Mix was just candy corn, candy pumpkins and fall-colored M&Ms combined.  Easy and festive!








Pumpkin Patch Punch was 2 liters of Crush poured down over 1/2 gallon of orange sherbet.  Smith told me it was the best drink he has ever had :).




You can find my easy and delicious Sausage Breakfast Casserole recipe here (we eat it for dinner a lot too!) and my Pumpkin-Butterscotch Dip recipe will be up on Mix and Match Mama next Thursday.  (I'll remind you when it's up!).




Sweet Art Bakery (who did the pumpkin cookies I showed you at the top) also made her cupcakes.


We had such a fun time celebrating with the birthday girl!  Apparently, I only took pictures of the ladies.  When I went to upload all of my photos...there were not photos of the guys.  What's up with that?!?!  We did invite the men to her party :).

Speaking of which...
Andrew is a die hard Dallas Cowboys fan (obsessive) and my uncle Bryan is a die hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan (they could never watch a game together...they are both too intense)...well, I had put Smith in a really cute pumpkin tee from Gap but about 5 minutes after the party started, he came downstairs wearing this Steelers jersey instead.  My uncle had snuck it in the house and swapped out his shirt.  Smith was sooooooo excited about his new jersey (and Andrew was so sad!).  He wore it all day because he loved it!


We had the best time at Kensington's Pumpkin Patch.  After the party, she told me it was the best birthday ever :).  It was so fun celebrating both my big girl and my favorite time of year.

Tomorrow's post, is Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Planning a Kid's Birthday Party...stay tuned!


Dinner tonight is really fun!  Turkey Chili over Cornbread Waffles!!  And it's simple too!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment