Thursday, November 14, 2013

Shay's Pajama Party: September with Kelly!


I am so excited for my first edition of Shay's Pajama Party!  Each month, a co-host and I will dish on certain topics pertaining to that month.  We'll talk food, fashion, holidays, mom life, and "me" time.  It's a slumber party for ladies!

September is all about diving into autumn, back to school, football, and fall fashion.  

My very special co-host is...



 That's right ladies!  Kelly from Kelly's Korner has put her jammies on, curled up in a sleeping bag, grabbed a large Sonic drink and is dishin' with me on all things September.



First up, how do we get our kiddos back in their school routine?
Kelly: We crack down on their bedtimes after a loose summer schedule.  I try to make back to school fun, so we have treats after school most days.



Shay: We get up, dressed and out of the house most mornings leading up to school (heading to the gym or to run errands).  It helps get us back into the routine of up, breakfast, dressed and out the door.


What do you do with the artwork and crafts your kids bring home?
Kelly: I am not a keeper!  I have a small bin that I keep special things in but I love the idea of taking pictures or scanning their artwork and putting it into a photobook book...I haven't done that yet-but I want to.

Shay: I keep a rotating assortment of things on the fridge and after I collect about 10 items, I start removing items and replacing it with the newest work.  A few very special things I save, but I get rid of everything else.  The kids see their stuff up on the fridge and rarely ever ask where everything else went.

What do you like to do when they're off at school and you have a few hours to yourself?

Kelly: I actually like to clean my house when I don't have little ones going around un-doing it!  I also LOVE to make lunch dates with friends!  It's the one time when we can have adult time and just visit.  It refreshes me!

Shay: I love to grocery shop!  It's amazing how much faster I can grocery shop without my kiddos with me...and how much less random items get thrown into my cart.  I also love to run errands and drink Starbucks when I'm by myself.

Both of us have our vices...and we're not ashamed to admit it.


Kelly & I made our Fall To-Do Lists together and oh my!  We have such similar lists!  It's such a shame we're a state away from each other!


Apparently, if you're not visiting a pumpkin patch, you're not doing fall justice in our minds!  We're both pretty pumpkin patch obsessed :).

Of course, we would talk food at a ladies' slumber party...especially fall food...

Favorite football watching snack:
Kelly: Chips, salsa, queso...really, any kind of dip!
Shay: I love dip too!  I'm pretty obsessed with spicy spinach dip right now!

Favorite fall dessert:
Kelly: Pecan Pie!  (She should try my Pecan Pie Bundt Cake!)
Shay: Any dessert with pumpkin in it!

Favorite fall supper:
 Kelly: Taco Soup
Shay: Sausage and Corn Chowder

Favorite slow cooker meal:
Kelly: A roast with potatoes and carrots
Shay: Chicken and Dumplings 


Fall Fashion Trends are always a slumber party conversation...here's what we're both into this fall...



I bought my first pair of flat boots this season...and Kelly said that's one of her fall staples too!  I love my Steve Madden boots...especially the cute zipper detail up the back!

Now, Kelly is into cowboy boots...and I must confess, I have never worn a pair.  Ever.  And I'm from Texas.  Perhaps, I should give them a try?  Here are a few pairs that I kind of like (now that I'm actually looking at cowboy boots).  If Kelly says get some, I should probably get some!

I really like the color of these Born Boots.  I know they're not authentic cowboy boots...but they're cute and kind of hip!  I also like these boots too...

But if Kelly and I are being honest...I actually bought these boots last week...

I just love a wedge boot.  With gold studs.  That look super tough.  Maybe I can convince Kelly to buy some too?  That might be simpler than getting me into cowboy boots...

Before we wrap up our pajama party...I am going to ask each co-host the same set of questions.  Let's see how Kelly answered this month...

1. What is your favorite cosmetic?
Merle Norman lip pencil in Spice Sachet 

2. What is your favorite beauty product?
My Chi Iron

3. What is your favorite TV show?
Mostly guilty pleasures like the Bachelor, Switched at Birth, Bravo shows and Duck Dynasty.

4. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Kauai, Hawaii!  But I also love Orange Beach too.

5. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
Boots!

6. What is your favorite nail polish?
Nothing!   I prefer my nails natural.  (We can still be friends even though Kelly doesn't wear nail polish...)

7. What is your favorite chick-flick movie?
Steel Magnolias 

8. What is your favorite book?
Right now, I would say Sophie Hudson's book, A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet or Melanie Shankle's book Sparkly Green Earrings.  They are both dear friends and hilarious writers.

9. What is your favorite ice cream?
Cookie dough or Butterfinger but always Blue Bell 

10. Who would star in a movie about your life?
Tiffani-Amber Theissan.  People always thought we looked alike when we were in college, and we both have daughters named Harper.

11. What is your least favorite household chore?
Cleaning the bathrooms!  Ugh!

12. What is one quirky fact that most people don't know about you?
I have never cried at a sad movie or chick flick but I bawl like a baby at sports movies.  EVERY TIME!  (How can a person whose favorite movie is Steel Magnolias never cry at chick flicks?!?!)

Thank you so much Kelly for putting your pjs on and coming to my pajama party!  I had the best time chit-chatting and getting to know you better.  I love that you love fall, football, good food and fashion...from one Southern girl to another, thank you so much!

You can find Kelly every day at her fabulous blog, Kelly's Korner.  You can also find her here too:
Instagram @mrskellystamps

Next month, our pajama party will focus on Halloween...crafts, treats, costumes and more!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment