Saturday, November 16, 2013

September Pin-spired!


It's September!  I am so excited to be getting Pin-spired with you this month!  

Let's be honest, the summer months are hard to get excited about because we wear the same things over and over again (or at least I do!).  It was three months of shorts, tees, swimsuits, flip flops, repeat.  But now, we're into fall...the prime fashion season.  I've decided to use this month as a transition time.  The weather is still warm but it's time to kick off those flip flops and start thinking about cooler temps.  

All of my looks this month are transition looks to get you from summer to fall.

Before we get started, I must tell you this...last year, I had so many emails and comments about both my orange and my yellow coats from Banana Republic...well guess what ladies, they're back!  
And this weekend, they are 40% off!  

I just love the orange!!

I'm kind of flippin' out about this :).

Now...on to Pin-spired...
I used the one and only Sheaffer as my Pinterest inspiration for Look #1.  I styled her Must Have Denim Jacket!


I'm going to be honest, I'm obsessed with this little jacket and can think of 1,698 ways to wear it.  Thank you Sheaffer for finding it and telling me about it.  This jacket is the perfect transition piece!  If you can't find your size in my wash, try the same jacket in this wash (it's just as cute!).

I paired the jacket with my cargo shorts and long-sleeved striped tee.  Perfect for September!

This tee also comes in navy or blue stripe too.




And if I get too warm, I can take off the jacket and I'm still seasonably appropriate with a dash of fall color (and not the neon pink I so adore in the summer).

I paired this look with some heavy cognac colored wedges (which are now really marked down!!!).  But wouldn't my camo Toms have looked cute with this too?!?!

I am such a sucker for boyfriend jeans...and I am such a sucker for distressed jeans...so, the combination of the two just makes sense! (And I'm dying over her leopard heels too!)


Again, I layered for September.  This time, I used a little color from my summer wardrobe, but when I paired my green tee with the longer pants and striped tank, it worked!    




And another pair of brown wedges :).

Look #3: Shorts and Wellies
Ladies, it's time to buy some Hunter Wellingtons (Erika and Narci, I'm talking to YOU!).


My Wellies were worn so much last year!  Not only are they comfy, they really keep your feet dry and warm, and they never go out of style.  Wellies are classic.




My shorts get used one more month before I retire them until spring...I just paired them with a long sleeve boyfriend shirt (and that same striped tank because it's so cute and versatile!).


I love my Mollee V initial necklace and my Love necklace as well :).


I heart my Wellies.


You should totally buy a pair of these babies :).

And I have a few bonus pieces for you this September...
I saw Narci with this scarf on at church a few weeks ago and fell in love with not only the colors but the weight of it. Then last Tuesday, I was walking through the Juniors department and found it myself.  I love, love, love it!  And it's only $18.  The photo online does not do it justice at all!  I will be wearing this all fall!


Leopard and pink...perfection.  (And my nails are OPI Lincoln Park After Dark)


And then look at this fun wrap bracelet I received!  They're from Chloe + Isabel which is a new brand I've fallen in love with.  They have some fabulous jewelry!

 I love this leather wrap bracelet too!

I had fun getting Pin-spired this month and I hope you did too!

Don't forget to see how Mel and Sheaffer were Pin-spired this month well!  I'm so excited about September!

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  Don't forget to check out my Labor Day Menu on my foodie blog...


Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Find me on Instagram  @mixandmatchmama




No comments:

Post a Comment