Friday, November 15, 2013

Our Scarf Exchange plus BIG news!

Before we get to our Scarf Exchange, I have two really big things to tell you this Monday!  First...

...is coming Friday!  You ladies have been telling me that my blog is often like a pj party for us grown-up gals, so beginning this Friday, I will host a monthly pajama party!  Each month, I'll have a special guest co-host and we'll dish about topics us ladies would chat about at a grown-up slumber party.  My co-host is FABULOUS this month, you won't want to miss it!

And second...

...on Wednesday morning, I will be cooking live on Good Morning Texas!  That's right, yours truly will be cooking up breakfast live on a food segment for GMT.  If you're local, tune in to watch, if not, I will post the link on Wednesday so you can watch the playback.

And now for the Scarf Exchange...

Scarf Exchange 2013

Scarf Exchange 2012


On Labor Day night, we had our second annual Scarf Exchange!

Last year, we decided to get together on Labor Day night and properly kick-off fall with a scarf exchange.  Pretty much, we all love Starbucks and we all love scarves, so we created a way to unite the two.  It was such a success that we decided to do it again this year.  And after I posted this pic on Instagram, you people went nuts over our little party!  Here's what we do...

1. We each purchase one scarf and bring it to the party (we do it at Starbucks) wrapped in a bag.

2. We don't really set a limit on how much to spend, but you totally could.  I think we all just kind of know what to spend, what others would like, etc.  But if you feel like a limit would help your group, then by all means, set one.

3. After we get to Starbucks and chat a few minutes, we each draw a number off of little strips of folded up paper (so you don't know which number you're drawing).  There were 9 on us ladies on this night, so we each picked a number randomly (I drew the number 4).

4. The #1 girl goes first and selects a bag.  Then the #2 girl can either "steal" the scarf off of the #1 girl (in which case, #1 girl selects another bag) or select a bag of her own.  Once a scarf has been stolen twice, it can no longer be stolen.

5. After the last girl (in our case #9) selects her bag, then the #1 girl gets to go one more time and is allowed to keep the original scarf she drew or swap with one other person.  And then it's over and everyone keeps the scarf they have.

At Christmas, some people call this White Elephant and swap Christmas ornaments or other gifts...we just do it with scarves.

And since we're talking scarves, I thought I'd show you some of my current faves...

I am flipping over this leopard and navy scarf!  It comes in several other colors too (orange, red, mustard and green).  How cute and chic is this?!?!

I also love this plaid scarf (also in two other colors).  This baby just screams fall and winter :).


I know some of you love camo and some of you hate it.  If you're one that loves it, this camo scarf will rock your world...if you don't love it, move on to my next option :).


I received a houndstooth scarf last year as a gift and wore it all the time!  This one comes in multiple colors too...but the traditional black and white is my favorite.


And if you need something cheery and happy this fall, I love the pink polka dot scarf from Gap.  It's just happiness!

I'm so happy you loved our scarf party, and I hope when you have one, you send me a group pic :).  It's such a blessing to have sweet friends to share these simple moments with.

I have such a great group of girlfriends!  As you can tell, we all faithfully read Sheaffer's blog and wear what she suggests!  There were 5 of her denim jackets, 2 pair of camo pants and 3 pairs of nude flats there that night :).

Thanks to Sheaffer introducing me to the perfect pair of flats, I now own my very own pair.  I love, love, love them!

Look at Kensington and me on Thursday.  I'm wearing my new pair of leopard flats (the first time in my life that I've ever worn flats!), and Kensington is wearing her new pair too.

You guys also probably know Andrea (the one holding sweet Griffin!), she is our design guru.  She blogs at Never Say Never and also has her own design business.  She is responsible for all of my party invitations, party banners and decorations, baby announcements, shower invites, Christmas cards, blog design and blog graphics.  I mean...she basically works on stuff for me 24/7!  You should also check out her design blog called Slightly Askew Designs.

Last year at the scarf exchange, Andrea surprised us with this onesie in her scarf bag!  And now this year, we have Griffin :).


Erika is the cutie on the end wearing the first pair of camo pants :).  Her kiddos Ebby Lee, Nixon and Bowen are in at least half of my photos.  I feel like they're mine!  Erika likes to do a little bit of everything on her blog.   She's currently fixing up her new house with some really creative methods and projects.  I have DIY envy for sure!  You can find her family at the Slaughter Family Blog.

Erika is going to join me tomorrow as we celebrate decorating our homes for fall!

My other friends have blogged off and on over the years but right now, none of them are actively blogging.

I am so blessed to call each and every one of them a friend.  You should wear a scarf today...and think of us :).

Don't forget to check out my latest edition of Meal Planning Monday today!



And the winner of my You Knew Me When book giveaway is...

Tracy (with a dog named Skip!).  

I will be emailing you this morning to claim your prize.  Congratulations!

Have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment