Friday, November 1, 2013

On the 8th Day of Christmas: We met Santa Claus!


On the 8th Day of Christmas, we met up with Santa Claus!!  Visiting Santa with our kids is one of my very favorite Christmas moments.  I just love it!  We visit the same Santa every year so that in all of our pictures, it's the same man.  If this dude ever retires, I'm going to be in BIG trouble!

This post was updated at 12:30 PM CST after I posted this picture on Instagram...


I wore this outfit in honor of Sheaffer's big Mad for Plaid post today but since so many of you wanted to know where I bought everything, I thought I'd update really fast with the info.  Love you guys!

Jeans, here....Hunter boots, here...Scarf, here (the dusty pink color)...Tank, here...Leather Coat (like options since mine is 3 years old), here and here.

And now on to my Santa pics!!

Here we are from Christmas pasts...




 This was Smith's first Christmas...that January baby means you don't get an infant Christmas card pic...you get an 11 month old pic!

This is my very favorite picture.  She is 15 months old here :).  Little brother was born a few weeks later.


The actual picture of her first Christmas sitting in Santa's lap is in storage (of course!) but I did find this picture from that same day.  She's 12 weeks old :).

And then this year...
...might be my favorite!  They were both so sweet when they went up to see Santa.  They quietly and politely each asked for one thing (Kensington a ballet barre and Smith a guitar) and then, as Kensington was getting down, she asked for "a doll that walks just like Ebby Lee's".  I have not heard that request yet this season...I immediately texted Erika and asked for a photo ASAP of this doll that now Santa must bring.  Kids can be so random sometimes :).  

It was such a special night for my sweet kiddos.  As we were driving away, they both were looking on the roof of the mall for Santa's sleigh...these things won't last much longer.  It kind of breaks my heart.


Our elf was tired of the ice and snow and headed to the beach!  Towel, sunglasses, sunscreens, buckets and floaties...this guy was set!



This is the perfect dessert for Christmas Eve!  These little cakes look festive but are not complicated.  And don't worry if you don't have a mini bundt pan...I give you options to make these into cupcakes or a basic sheet cake.  Click here for the recipe!

My gift ideas today are about New Years Eve!  Everyone needs a little sparkle and bling on the last day of the year...so, I'm providing some for you!  It doesn't take much...but a little sparkle instantly makes a regular night into a night worth celebrating!

And bonus...
everything at Loft is 50% off today!  Everything!!

This top from Loft is 50% off right now!
Throw this on with a pair of jeans and you're instantly ready to stay up until midnight!  It also comes in cream too...so very festive!

This little black sequin jacket would also turn a boring tee and jeans into a very festive NYE look!  This would also look so cute with black pants or a skirt (leopard maybe??!!).  I'm in love!  And today, it's 50% off!

Don't want to bare your arms this NYE but still want to look festive?  This top is perfect for you then!  And today, it's 50% off!

This sequin tank would layer perfectly under a blazer for NYE!  Just a little sparkle popping out beneath your jacket...so special without being too over the top.  And at 50% off, isn't it the perfect little top?

Here are a few other sparkly pieces I'm loving for NYE all from Loft and all 50% off...

You will love adding one of these pieces to your wardrobe!  They'll make great party pieces all year long...all you need to do is change up your pants, your outwear, a scarf, jewelry...change one thing and you can wear each piece over and over again!

And a few weeks ago, I talked about these coats...well now, they're all 50% off!
Click here to see all of the jackets, blazers and coats.

Click here to see everything at Loft!  50% off is HUGE!

I hope everyone had a great 8th Day of Christmas...come back tomorrow...we just might have another giveaway!

On the 1st Day of Christmas: I explained a lot to you and gave away a HUGE gift card!
On the 2nd Day of Christmas: I wrapped presents galore and gave away jewelry! 
On the 3rd Day of Christmas: I went for a carriage ride and spent all of my awesome Gap cash!
On the 4th Day of Christmas: I talked to you about...so many fun and festive things!
On the 5th Day of Christmas: I told you how to have your own Jammy Cocoa Christmas! 
On the 6th Day of Christmas: We had a snow day and ate lots of yummy goodies!
On the 7th Day of Christmas: I hosted a recipe exchange!

Merry!  Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment