Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: The Scent(s) of this Woman

The whole point of my Fifty Two Shades of Shay series is for you to get to know me better.  Sometimes, by getting to know me, I might have a useful tip or a great pair of wedges to show you.  Today, it's all about the way this mama smells.  And I smell pretty darn good!

I don't know when I became obsessed with scents but it's an absolute obsession.  My mom isn't a scent person.  She has probably 15 bottles of random perfume at her house that she uses...but for me, I adore scents and I wear them depending on the season...they're important to me.  I love, love, love bath gel, lotions, body sprays and perfumes.  Today's post is all about my good scents ;).

(As a side note, I was not in any way paid by Bath and Body Works for what I'm about to say about their products...but if they'd like to send me a thank you note a bunch of free lotion, I'd be happy to supply my address!)

From March through August, I use this fabulous lotion and shower gel...


Bath and Body Work's Lemon Vanilla scent is my go-to spring and summer lotion/shower gel.  Every year, they say it's seasonal and won't ever be back...and every year, it comes back.  In January, they always bring it back as part of their big 75% off sale and so I stock up.  I keep it in my gym bag and my bathroom.  It's a scent that will just make you happy.  I use the shower gel and lotion but since I shower at night, in the morning when I wake up, I feel like I need a great perfume that compliments the Lemon but has a sophisticated and lovely scent...so, that's when I spritz on my favorite spring/summer perfume...

I only wear two perfumes and Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb is one of them.  I wear it every day during the spring and summer and it always smells light and fresh.  I love it.  I love perfume because it can define you.  A person can be remembered by their cologne/perfume...and trust me, I'd love for you to remember me by this one!

After the warm months of summer, I am practically giddy over my fall scents.  And when I say giddy, I mean, I refresh my Bath and Body Works webpage over and over again, hound the people in store and scour my inbox for emails about their Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin scent.  

I'm not lying...two weeks ago, I called Andrew during the middle of the day and said, "This has been the best day ever!", and he said, "What?  Did they get your pumpkin lotion in?".  And they had.  And that's why it was the best day.  And that's why he's a good husband...because he knows stuff like that.

The first time I bought this stuff was my freshman year of college 13 years ago...and I stock up and hoard this stuff like some kind of animal preparing for winter.  I swear the weather in Texas cools off a good 30 degrees just by me wearing this (at least in my head it does).  

Right now, you should go buy yourself some.  It's amazing how a little bottle of lotion can perk you up and make your day just a little brighter.  My mom always told me that she appreciated the fact that something as simple as lotion or a candle could make me so happy.  I'm a firm believer in that it's the little things in life that give us the greatest joy.  Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin equals joy.

Find it all right here!

And what perfume do I pair with my fall and winter scents?  My absolute favorite perfume in the world...it makes me smile every morning when I put it on...



I have no words.  It's wonderful.  It's my favorite.  I will never not wear it.  I love it.  Do you get how passionate I am here people?  

But...I'm not done.  I'm saving the very best for last.  Yes, I love the Lemon Vanilla in the spring and summer and yes, the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin makes me cozy and warm...but what scent is my absolute favorite, I've blogged about it for years, I've named a bundt cake after it, I once bought an entire case of it...it is my favorite and I still have 8 bottles left from last year to take me until this November when they bring it back...


Vanilla Bean Noel.

Let's just pause and pay our respects to the best smell ever created.

I'm obsessed with this stuff to a level you just don't understand.  I keep a bottle in my purse 365 days a year.  I wear it daily from November through the first warm day of spring, but I always have it with me in case I need a little extra something happy.  It's the best.   

Just you wait until this November when it hits the stores and online...you will see it and think of me.  They should just go ahead and get rid of the reindeer and put my face right on the bottle.  

So now I want to know...what scents make you happy?  What do you wear?  Scents are so important!  We recall memories from a scent, we think of people we've lost and loved from scents.  Scents can be very powerful.  What's your scent?  I would love to know!

Next week, we move from one vice to another in my life...it's Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Coffee.  Enough said?



Today on the foodie blog, a quick and easy breakfast casserole that we like to eat for dinner!


Have a great day!

Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Follow me on Instagram @mixandmatchmama

No comments:

Post a Comment