Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kidd Kraddick


Words cannot honestly express my sadness over the death of national radio personality Kidd Kraddick.

When I was 12 years old, my dad and I started listening to a local DJ out of our hometown with this funny radio show.  His show grew into this national sensation and I listened every step of the way.  

Meeting Kidd last July was one of the highlights of my life.  He was so warm and friendly.  He hugged me, he asked me questions about my family, he was engaging and interested. He was fabulous.  Then when I went back this February, he not only remembered me, he remembered things we had discussed, he told me he followed me on Twitter...he was absolutely delightful.


Andrew and I are so sad for this loss.  Kidd was a huge part of not only our community, but of our mornings.  Andrew listened every morning while he was at the gym and in the car, while I listed from my i-Phone at home.  My heart breaks for Kidd's daughter, family and friends.


I checked Kidd's Twitter account tonight when I heard the news...and it still says that he follows me.  I am so honored.

I am thankful for all the laughs, all the memories, and my mornings won't be quite as bright any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment