Sunday, December 1, 2013

I heart Sheaffer (and Wellies!)

Hold on people!  I have a story for you today...

Last Thursday morning, I got up and it was kind of warm and drizzly out, so when getting dressed, I paired my shorts with my Hunter Boots (a.k.a. Wellies).  I had a few minutes that morning before I took the kids to preschool, so I found this image...


...on Pinterest and decided to snap some photos of myself for our June Pinspired Linky Party coming up.

That's me in my Wellies with my J Crew Shorts (of course!), tank and chambray shirt...perfect Pinspired stuff, right?



Click here to see my watch and here to see a like bracelet.











So, I finished up my picture taking and headed out to school with my kids. 

Now, you know I love my Wellies.  I wear them all the time, travel with them...they're my favorite "non-wedge" shoe.  A few weeks ago over on Sheaffer's blog...she highlighted these Wellies...


...it was love at first sight for me.  I wanted those lavender Wellies!  I told Sheaffer two weeks ago that they were my favorites...but I wasn't sure I could justify two pairs.  And that was that...

...well, after I dropped off my kids at preschool, I decided in the car that I definitely needed wanted those purple Wellies, so I went straight home and ordered them online.  That was about 10:15...I texted Sheaffer (who I was meeting for lunch at 11:00) and told her I had just ordered the Wellies.  She was like, "Really?  I knew you liked them but you haven't talked about them in a few weeks.".  I told her yup, I ordered them and that I would see her at lunch in a few minutes.  Well...


When I pulled up in front of the restaurant, Sheaffer got out of her car with a card and a big wrapped present for ME!  Look what was inside...

...my sweet friend had bought me those lavender Wellies!  How sweet is that?!?!  And what are the odds that the day I finally decided I loved them enough to splurge on another pair...she would be meeting me for lunch with them?!?!

So stinkin' sweet!

Inside the card, Sheaffer thanked me for some blogging advice, etc., that helped her fabulous blog get jump started last year. Stuff I didn't think twice about but apparently, it meant a lot to her.  So, my sweet friend bought me Wellies as a thank you present.  I am so in love!

Since it was a rainy, drizzly day last Thursday, we both had our Wellies on (I switched mine in the car to my new ones).  Friend feet.  Love.


And then, after lunch, I came home and posed in my new lavender ones.  Super cute, right?!




Don't you wish Sheaffer was your friend too?!


Happy!

I didn't want this to get lost in our Pinspired post next month, so that's why I'm highlighting it today.  I am beyond thankful for my sweet friend Sheaffer.  I just love her to pieces (like I know you all do too).  Did I need the Wellies?  No.  Am I super happy that I have them?  Absolutely!  But I'm more blessed and happy that I have such a wonderful friend in Sheaffer.  I just adore her!

PS: Zappos refunded my order over the phone...I don't have two pairs of lavender Wellies at my house right now :).

Tomorrow, will be my 52 Shades of Shay post...I'm talking about one of my favorite things...you better come back and check it out!

And if you want one more thing to check out...head on over to my foodie blog today to see how I turned my post popular recipe of all time into a Joe...





Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Find me on Instagram   @mixandmatchmama



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment