Friday, December 27, 2013

Belgium & Holland Day 5: Germany

On Day 5, we drove from Belgium to my favorite European country...Germany!  I'm not going to lie...we drove there for the food.  If you don't know about my love affair with German food, you can click here to read a little more.  I realized that this is my third year in a row to visit Germany and I'm  pretty sure positive I've gone all three years just for the food. I didn't take many pictures on this day....probably because I was too busy eating schnitzel...and strudel...and schnitzel.

Our first stop was Cologne, Germany.  I just love how cathedrals like this are right in the middle of a busy shopping district.  It's a shame we don't have architecture like this back home.





It's my first schnitzel of the day!  (And not my last!)  Do you see how happy I am????!!!


After spending some time in Cologne, we drove to Dusseldorf, Germany to finish up our day.  They have one restaurant that is famous for its apple strudel...so of course, that was our first stop!


On the Rhine River


Stopping for more strudel.  Don't judge.


We had such a lovely day here.  I really do love Germany for the architecture, weather, scenery, history and food.  I've been many times and it always holds a special place in my heart. 

Tomorrow, we take a serious turn and I visit my third concentration camp.  We will respectfully remember those who died at Breendonk.

Click here for Day 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment