Monday, December 30, 2013

The CrockPot as a Foot Bath



Day 217.

I ran a half-marathon yesterday. 13.1 miles. All by myself. Well, myself and 20 thousand people.

I had a huge writing project due June 1, and instead of being happy that it was done and over with, I found myself in a funk. I didn't have anything to work towards, and was feeling antsy. Our friends Carol and Joey are long-distance runners, and they were going to run the San Francisco marathon---Carol the half, and Joey the full. Adam signed up--and without thinking twice I told him to sign me up too.

Except for that I have never really run. And Adam has. Lots.

and lots.

Being a die-hard optimist, I figured I could do it.

So I did.

We met Regan for a pasta feed and I got a good night's sleep and powered through.

I'm pretty sure that they were picking up the cones right behind me and sweeping up the Cytomax dixie cups, but I still did it.

And I'm so very glad it's over.

The Ingredients.

--a finished long run
--bubble bath (and yes, Disney Vapor Bath is the only bubble bath in our house...)
--towel
--margarita

The Directions.

Make margarita.
Fill crockpot with nice warm water from the tap and some bubble bath.
Agitate water with your hand to make bubbles.
Convince the kids that this is for mommy and mommy only, and to go play outside. Or in the garage. Or in the playroom. Just stay away from mommy.
Plug in crockpot with an extension cord right in front of the TV.
Turn to warm.
Sit.
Soak.
Drink margarita.

The Verdict.

Adam: Hey Steph? Did you only run a half-marathon so you could soak your feet in a crockpot and post it on the Internet?

Steph: Yes. I absolutely did.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DISCLAIMER: psst. don't do this. you could get burnt. or electrocuted. or something really bad.
don't do this.
please.
that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment