Friday, December 27, 2013

Belgium & Holland Day 7: Rotterdam & Such

On Thursday, we left our beloved Belgium and drove back to the Netherlands (Holland).  It is only a two hour drive from Ghent, Belgium to Amsterdam, the Netherlands but we took our time and stopped in 3 cities along the way.  The weather was really chilly the rest of the trip...so I'll be wearing the green peacoat in the remainder of the photos.  You guys are cracking me up with your comments about my coats.  I took 4 (green, yellow, orange and pink) and wore them all on our trip but when push came to shove and mama was cold...I stayed coziest in my green peacoat.  (It's a shame you never see my shirts in all of these pictures!  I promise I wore cute shirts too!)

I digress...this top pic is us in Rotterdam...the busiest port in the world (as a travel agent...I know awesome details like that ;)!).

After Rotterdam, we went to Utrecht...this adorable little town built over canals.  The weather was chilly and wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon there.

When you don't have cute kids with you...all you do is take random photos of yourself.  I was warm and cozy!





We arrived in Amsterdam and checked into the Marriott.  We really loved it two years ago when we took the kids, so we booked there again.  However, this time, we really, really loved it!  We were on the top floor with an amazing balcony over-looking the city.  These are our views.





We decided to head off to Anne Frank's house to tour it before dinner.  We toured it last time with the kiddos but decided it was worth touring again (minus the 5 and 21 month olds!).





After a busy day, we sat down to a great meal and relaxed.


We love Amsterdam!

 Click here for Day 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment