Sunday, December 29, 2013

CrockPot Hoisin Chicken Wings Recipe


Day 223.

I love wings. I used to think that my love of wings was limited to those of the Buffalo variety, but in the past year or two my love has grown. I will gladly order a sampler appetizer platter of wings, or skip the pizza when out and stick just to the wings.

I've made teriyaki wings this year, and some sweet and spicy. Yesterday, I felt like Hoisin.

The Ingredients.

--2-3 lbs frozen chicken wings or drummettes
--1/2 cup prepared Hoisin Sauce (or your own, recipe down below)
--1/4 cup honey
--4-5 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
--1 inch of ginger, peeled and grated
--1 T sesame oil

Homemade Hoisin Sauce

4 T of soy sauce (La Choy and Tamari-wheat free are GF)
2 T peanut butter
1 T molasses or honey
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 t sesame oil
1 t hot sauce (I used Thai red chili paste; Tabasco or similar would work)
1/8 t ground black pepper

The Directions.

I used a 4 qt round crockpot for this dish. It was a perfect size.

Dump chicken into crockpot. Add the Hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 4-5. Stir well to mix flavors.
Cook on high for another 30 minutes.

The Verdict.

These were great! I love chicken wings.
My three-year old ate 7 or 8 and asked for me to make them for her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment