Friday, December 27, 2013

Belgium & Holland Day 3: Brussels

On Sunday, we drove about 40 minutes to Brussels for some shopping and looking.  First stop, Andrew had researched out a huge flea market area...perfect for finding treasures.
It was so fun to walk through the flea market with all of the locals.  We came across some really neat finds.  I'm not one for haggling prices (it gives me great anxiety!) but Andrew is great at it!


Andrew collects old books.  He bought 3...one of which was published in the 1700s.  Super cool!


That's me posing with our new books :).


We ran into some trouble on our way into downtown Brussels.  What are the odds that the one day we decide to head downtown, the Brussels Marathon would also be heading downtown?  We were stuck in traffic for two hours (it should have only taken us 7 minutes!) because of all of these runners.  If I wasn't a runner myself, I might have been bitter.  Andrew was realllllly bitter ;)!


We made it into Brussels and were starving!  Pizza for lunch!


Me :)


A panoramic picture of downtown Brussels


We really, really liked this town!  The architecture, the people, the shopping, the art...it was perfect!  We bought several original paintings for our house and Andrew's office.


I also found a Christmas store!  Loved it!


I'm having cappuccino here :).


We finished off our day with a great steak dinner in Brussels.  So fun!


And of course, a waffle for dessert :)!

Click here for Day 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment