Friday, December 27, 2013

Belgium & Holland Day 4: Brugge

On Monday, we drove about 30 minutes from Ghent to Brugge, Belgium.  I looooooved this town!  It was so cute, the food and shopping were excellent and the parks were beautiful.  The weather was cool, the leaves were orange and falling, and the little store windows were decked out in pumpkins galore.  Just a great day with my hubby!

We had breakfast in our hotel every morning before heading out.  Not a bad view from my window, right?



We arrived in Brugge!


We couldn't tour the Belfry on this day because the BBC was filming a movie in there.  Do you see all of the movie trailers, lights and cameras out front?


We sat here with our cappuccinos and pancakes and watched for a bit.  It was pretty cool seeing the grand costumes and the movie action.


Andrew studying his map :)





Brugge has a French Fry Museum!!  Of course, we had to visit.  We had fun!





And then we walked over to Brugge's Chocolate Museum (this is my kind of history right here!).


I'm a cocoa bean!


We have our Belgian chocolate to sample (and when I say sample, I mean, we ate so much at one time that I thought I was going to be sick!).


We missed our babies but we had a great time in Brugge.  Tomorrow...we head over to my favorite European country for my very favorite food...schnitzel!

Click here for Day 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment