Saturday, December 28, 2013

Black Bean and Goat Cheese Mini Slow Cooker Recipe


Day 224.

I used my Little Dipper Slow Cooker yesterday to make a Tex-Mex inspired black bean dip, and I loved it. It was kind of spicy, but the goat cheese complimented the spice nicely with it's creamy mellow flavor.

Since I used my Little Dipper, I cut the recipe down quite a bit to fit inside. Feel free to double, triple, or exponentially increase---it's very good, and I wouldn't mind making a whole meal out of chips and dip one day.

very soon.

The Ingredients.

--1/2 can of refried black beans
--2 cloves garlic, chopped
--1/2 of a lime, juiced
--1 t cayenne pepper
--1 t cumin
--2 T chopped cilantro leaves
--3-5 slices of goat cheese

The Directions.

Open the can of refried black beans, and scoop out about half of the contents into the Little Dipper. Squeeze in the lime juice. Add chopped garlic, the spices, and the cilantro leaves. Stir. Top with the sliced goat cheese.

Cover and plug in. The Little Dipper doesn't have a temperature gauge. Cook for 1-2 hours, or until the goat cheese has melted and the beans are warm and gooey.

Serve with corn tortilla chips.

The Verdict.

Very tasty. I was quite pleased with the kick the dip had, and loved how the goat cheese was creamy and mellow. The cilantro gave a "freshness" that I really appreciated---it didn't just taste like a canned bean dip. The kids mostly scooped the goat cheese off the top, but did try the black bean dip enough to know that it was spicy.

I have the other half of the can in the fridge, and plan on making this for myself for lunch while I watch taped Olympics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. I'm having Feed Burner issues. I don't use a reader myself, so I don't really understand them. If anyone knows what I should do to fix whatever error is happening that makes it look like I haven't updated since February, I'd love to hear from you! crockpotlady AT gmail DOT com.
xoxo steph

No comments:

Post a Comment