Saturday, December 28, 2013

An A-Fair to Remember

Here we go...my annual State Fair of Texas post (you knew it was coming, right?).  For those of you who are new...here's the deal...for some crazy reason, the Fair has always been kind of a mile-marker for me and my mommy journey.  (Click here to read last year's post)  One year, we went and I wanted a baby so much...the next year we went, and while standing in line for my Fletcher's Corny Dog, the doctor called and said that my 4th IUI hadn't worked and that she wasn't sure if I would ever get pregnant...the next year, we went and we had 4 week old miracle baby Kensington...then the next year we went and K was 12 months old and I was 7 months pregnant with baby #2.  God is funny.  He can use anything to remind you of his blessings.  For me, it will always be the Fair.

Yay!  We're here!!




My kids love the car show...they practiced driving cars over and over again.











This is for my Missouri family...we went to the "adopt-a-dog" section and found these two dogs...


...another set of Stan and Patty.  So funny!





I just love my family!


Petting a lamb


My kids favorite part...the petting zoo.


She loves herself a pony.  Loves them.  Absolutely loves them.



Feeding a lamb





A big tractor just like what PawPaw drives!



XOXO



Andrew had to win the kids a prize...of course, he hit the bell.  Andrew is a fierce beast!


His cheering section!


And then Smith wanted to hit the baby bell.  So sweet!



Here's what they won...a Hello Kitty and giant bat!  Look at that thing!






Andrew, Kensington, Papa Jay and Smith braved the giant slide again this year.  They all loved it!





He's telling me how much he loved that giant slide!


The end.

If you're not from Texas, you just don't understand this whole State Fair of Texas thing.  It's crazy.  The Fair happens for 3 weeks every Fall (for over 75 years!).  Everyone goes to the Fair.  It doesn't matter your age, race, socioeconomic status...everyone goes and everyone loves it.  Kids in Texas even get a day off from school just to visit the Fair with the families.  And when you're at the Fair, the whole goal is to eat as much fried goodness as you can.  The Fair has fried s'mores, butter, cake balls, Oreos, Snickers, wine, beer (yes, they're frying alcoholic beverages!), PB&J sandwiches...I could go on and on.  It's fried heaven!

Another great year for the Shull clan.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment