Monday, November 4, 2013

Shay's Pajama Party: November with Erin!


I'm so excited to have one of my favorite bloggers co-hosting this pajama party with me today!  We're both Southern girls, we're both busy moms, we're both currently building homes, we're both obsessed with the holidays, we're both contributors on Every Day Cheer and we're both blue eyed brides...



Thank you so much Erin from Blue Eyed Bride for co-hosting with me today!  It's mid-November!  Erin and I are curled up in our pjs, drinking way too much coffee, eating something sweet, listening to Christmas music (don't judge...it's our party, we can listen if we want to...even though it's November!) and chatting about Thanksgiving and Christmas...

What are our favorite Thanksgiving traditions with our families?
Me: I love getting up on Thanksgiving morning, eating something yummy for breakfast and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my kiddos.  I also love baking and cooking all morning long with Kensington.

Erin: I love being with my mom.  Waking up early and getting a head start on cooking.  Watching the Today Show and getting ready for the parade.  Every year after Thanksgiving dinner, we watch Home Alone and Christmas Vacation to bring in the Christmas season, officially!


Two of my family's favorite movies too!


Where do you eat your Thanksgiving meal?
Me: This year, we're eating Thanksgiving dinner (or lunch actually) at my mom's house.  It varies year to year, but this year, it's at Lovie's.

Erin:  This year, we'll be at my parents' house in Indiana. Last year, we were at my brother's house in Vail and stayed in a beautiful mountain home.  (Insert me being very jealous of Erin!)


Erin's 2012 Thanksgiving with her family

My 2012 Thanksgiving with my family

How do you prepare for hosting a large party (like Thanksgiving)?
Me: I plan ahead!  I write down everything I'll need (including paper towels, napkins, etc) several weeks beforehand.  I shop early (because you always forget something, so shop early and take inventory!), and I keep a really good list.  My favorite tip is to prepare big dishes (like casseroles and sides) in disposable pans.  Who wants to clean up baking dishes after Thanksgiving?  Not me!  This makes cleanup a cinch!  And never be ashamed of getting help from the store (pies, rolls, etc.). 

Erin: I don't stress out!  I make a list, I do all of my grocery shopping before my company arrives, if they're spending the night with me, I make sure my house is already clean, and I make sure all of the serving pieces are located.




Now...let's talk about Christmas.  I know it's November but Christmas is already on so many people's minds!



When do you decorate for Christmas?
Me: I decorate mid-November.  This year, I decorated on the 12th (pics to come!).  It's a lot of work decorating for Christmas, so I want to soak up as many minutes of it as I can!
Erin: I usually decorate after Thanksgiving on December 1.

When do you start listening to Christmas music?
Me: The better question is when did I ever stop?  I really could listen 365 days a year.  But...I start listening every year right after Halloween!  (Click here to see my post on Christmas music!)
Erin: Ha!  I listen to Christmas music year-round.  It's really crazy, if a song is on my i-Pad or i-Phone and it comes on, I don't change it.  I love Christmas music!  I intentionally start listening Thanksgiving Day. (Click here to see Erin's post on Christmas music!)

I kid you not...Erin and I both blogged about Christmas music this week...on the very same day!  We are two peas in a Christmas music-loving pod!

Speaking of peas in a pod...
...Erin also loves the Gap supersoft tee that I have been raving about!  People...it's the BEST tee you will find this season.  Period.  End of story.  Look no further.  Click here to see the other colors too!  And PS: everything at Gap is on sale right now

OK, let's list some of our Christmas traditions...
Me: Watching every Christmas movie we can get our hands on (twice), driving around and looking at lights, drinking hot chocolate, going to the mall to see the ice skaters and Santa, lots of walks all bundled up at night, and plenty of time cuddling on the couch looking at our tree.  We also love attending the special Christmas services we have at our church and sharing the message of Christ's birth with our kiddos.
Erin: We love Christmas movies, wearing Christmas pajamas, sitting by the fire, sipping something hot, driving around and looking at Christmas lights, attending our church choir's Christmas performance, building a gingerbread house and doing an Advent calendar together as a family to help bring our kids back to Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas.


This house cracks me up.


Now, at every Pajama Party, I ask my co-host the same set of questions.  To see how Kelly answered these questions in September, click here, to see Andrea's answers from October click here and here are Erin's answers...

1. What is your favorite cosmetic?
The best concealer ever, Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer.  I truly believe it's God's gift to women ;).  I am also obsessed with Dior's eye pallets.  The pigment is so strong and it lasts all day.

2. What is your favorite beauty product?
I love Aveda Brilliant spray to detangle and condition my wet hair. I've also recently become obsessed with Aquage Uplifting Foam.  Love! 

3. What is your favorite TV show?
Of all time?  Friends or Friday Night Lights.  Right now, we love Homeland, Scandal, Parenthood, and Nashville.  I love TV.  A lot.

4. What is your favorite vacation destination?
 We love Isle of Palms, South Carolina and staying at Wild Dunes.  It's a great family-friendly spot.



5. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
  My Tory Burch Revas.  They are so comfortable on my long and narrow feet.



6. What is your favorite nail polish?
I love OPI gel manicures and my favorite is Lincoln Park After Dark.  I love fall colors!

7. What is your favorite chick-flick movie?
Father of the Bride.  Hands-down.  I weep when I hear the theme music.  I absolutely love this movie.

8. What is your favorite book?
I loved The Help and I also love Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.  I could read it once every year.  

9. What is your favorite ice cream?
Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby


10. Who would star in a movie about your life?
I'm going to say Rachel McAdams.  Not because I think we look alike -not at all- but because I really love her and would want her to play me.

11. What is your least favorite household chore?
I think everyone can agree that potties are the worst, so other than potties, I hate doing dishes.  Really, really hate it.

12. What is one quirky fact that most people don't know about you?
I am constantly quoting movies or busting into song.  I am a musical theater junkie and grew up listening to music constantly.  So, I will just burst into song as soon as it pops in my head.  I should be on the set of Glee.  I also have to sleep in long pants and long sleeves.  And I love Dateline NBC.

Thank you so much Erin for co-hosting my Pajama Party with me!  You are precious both inside and out!  To see more of Erin, check out her blog Blue-Eyed Bride or find her here too...

Instagram @blueeyedbride

And because Erin mentioned her love of pajamas twice today...I thought I'd show you some that would be perfect for your next pj party (or your next Monday night...).

I am obsessed with these flannel pajamas!  Wouldn't Erin look adorable in them?!?!  They come in 10 different fun patterns...perfect for the holidays!  I really want the macaroon ones!!

I'm also totally loving these thermal pjs too!  They come in 4 different patterns...wouldn't you feel comfy and cute wearing these all curled up by the fire?!

And as for me...I will be buying at least two pairs of these fleece pants.  I don't know about you, but when I get home at night, I put my comfy pants on ASAP!  These fleece pants are so soft and comfy...look for several posts in the near future of me wearing these cozy pants!


That's it for Friday!  On my foodie blog today...


...just in time for Turkey Day!  Click here to see.

And on Monday...


And by huge...we mean, HUGE!  

Finally, the winner of my Stella & Dot Giveaway is Laura Fuller!  Congratulations Laura, I have already emailed you!  You can continue to shop Stella & Dot online through the weekend.  Just click here.

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment