Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Roasted Italian Sausage Soup with Garbanzos, Lentils, and Tomatoes (Gluten-Free)

Roasted Italian Sausage Soup with Garbanzos, Lentils, and Tomatoes
One of my favorite soups with Roasted Italian Sausage, Garbanzos, Lentils, and Tomatoes!

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, March 2014.)  I have so many good soups back in the archives that need a photo update that this winter I've been trying to make soup at least once a week and take new photos.  This soup has roasted turkey Italian sausage, garbanzos, lentils, and tomatoes, all ingredients I love so it's not a surprise that this is also one of my favorite soups.  When I first made this I had lots of slow roasted tomatoes in the freezer, so I used those for some of the tomato flavor.  This time I had to make the soup with just petite diced tomatoes in a can, but it was still really good.  Luckily I have some basil growing in the kitchen window again; the pop of fresh basil flavor was really great in this.  But even even without the fresh basil this is a lovely soup recipe; hope you'll try it if you get a cold wet spring day where soup sounds good!

Click to continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment