Saturday, October 26, 2013

Shopping with Sheaffer and Shay!

It's time ladies...time to shop with Sheaffer and Shay!

Sheaffer and I dropped our kids off at school and headed to the mall to indulge in a kid-free lunch and some shopping.  We tried on stuff we know you'll love, laughed  and laughed, might have crawled on the ground to get in a locked dressing room and then experimented with fashion forward looks like above (not for us...).  Trendsetters?  No.  Moms who just want to look cute at an affordable price?  Yes.

We got to the mall and went our separate ways for the first two hours.  I immediately headed to the Holy Land Gap.

Here was my goal this trip...find things that layer well for winter but will transition into spring.  The coldest weather is still ahead for us North Texans, so I'm not ready for my shorts just yet...but I do want to invest in pieces that I can layer now and still wear in warmer months.


I bought four of these shirts. Yes. Four.  They are only $16 a piece (when you use the 30% off code!)!

I only meant to buy one...but then I tried it on and just knew...this is the shirt I will wear over and over again from now through next fall.  Remember when I told you all to buy the softest shirt ever (now sold out)?  And I said, "buy more than one".  So many of you emailed me saying you didn't believe me until you bought your first one...and then you went back and bought more.  This is the same thing girls...don't just buy one.  You will need more.

Here's how we're going to style this basic shirt:
1. With jeans and a sweater over it (a little color will peak out below your sweater)
2. With a heavy scarf
3. With a cute jacket on top
4. With shorts (nothing compliments a shorter pair of shorts than a longer tee!)
5. With a light-weight scarf this spring
6. With white jeans

Do you see how versatile it is?  Buy more than one. Don't be one of those people that email me later saying they should have listened t the first time :).  Click here to see all of the colors.

I love a boyfriend shirt.  Love it.  I think they're super cute with jeans, cute with skirts and cute with shorts.  I am so excited to wear this boyfriend shirt from now through summer.  Such a good transitional piece! 

I bought this cute striped one...but there are several others to pick from..


How fresh are these colored ones?!?!


And this floral one totally rocks my world!  So cute with distressed jeans or maybe colored shorts later?  Layer it with a chunky scarf now...versatile!


This one just makes me happy.  HAPPY.  I can see it worn from now until September.

After I finally pulled myself away from the boyfriend shirts...I started looking for the perfect spring sweater.  You know what I'm talking about, right?  A sweater that will still keep you warm but it's in a lighter color that's less fall and more spring.  Plus...it can be styled a million different ways...
I love the spring sweater paired with shorts for warmer days and then layered with black for colder days.  It's the color that really speaks to me.

I found this one at Gap...perfection...
...here's the thing...I think it looks waaaaaaay better in my photo and in person than online.  All 3 of the colors look so much better in person than online!  In store, they were sold out of smalls, so I'm wearing a medium in this picture.  Hurry ladies...these sweaters are on sale and won't last long.

And you have already heard me talk about my love of this sweater (also on sale!).  On the hanger, it wasn't much to see but when I put it on, I fell in love.  Like really in love.  It comes in multiple colors but this one was my favorite.  Click here for the tanks and here for the jeans.  Unfortunately, the scarf is sold out but here is a like version.


So, here's the thing...I think Gap needs to hire me to style their models because once again, I think this sweater/sweatshirt concoction looks so much better on and in person than on their site.  This was so soft and comfy!  I love this!  It comes in other colors too!


The perfect little tee.  Yes, it's winter...but you will be so glad you have one of these babies when spring rolls around.

Blue              White                Light Pink

They're still jeans that will keep you cozy warm but they're in fresh transitional colors!  How cute would they be with a big cozy knit?  And then again later with a tank?  Cute with boots and cute with wedges.  Love!


Eeks!  Can you hear me screaming with delight?  I love scarves of all kinds...but my absolute favorite are the light ones.  I love how I can wear them year around, I love how easy they are to throw on.  I love, love, love them.  Love them.  Click here to see them all.

And you want some more great news???  

As of January 24, Gap is 40% your purchase!  Use code DEAL4U. Hurry and go!


After I left Gap, I headed off to Nordstrom to check out some outerwear pieces to throw over all of my cute tees and sweaters.  They didn't have this jacket in a small for me to try on, so this is me in a medium...but oh my word!  So cute!  The sales lady said they can't keep these in store.  I loved it too!

I also thought this black faded denim moto jacket was super cool too. Thrown over a pastel shirt?  Love!

After I left the outerwear department...I ventured somewhere I'd never been before...ladies, I went to try on Sperrys...


You know how I adore my heels.  Love them.  Need them.  Feel weird not walking in them.  I am a high heel girl.  For life.

But...sometimes, a girl needs a practical shoe...so I tried them on and actually really love them!  Right now, these are my favorites...


...but honestly, it was hard to pick my top 4!  I think these would be the perfect little transitional shoe to wear with my new spring jeans and sweaters and then later, with my shorts and tees.

Leopard (on sale!), Rainbow, Purple Tie, Pink Plaid 

Click here to see all of the cute Sperrys (and ladies, there are a lot of cute ones!)


I couldn't finish off my shopping spree without checking out the boot sales right now...

A great bootie (also in black!)

A great riding boot (available in 2 other colors too!)

This bootie is 50% off!

I love this suede bootie (in charcoal too!)!


Whew!  After all of that shopping, I grabbed a Starbucks and headed to get my kids from school.  We always have the BEST time shopping with you girls!  Sheaffer will be posting her goodies on Friday!  Thanks for coming to the mall with us...see you next time!



Don't forget to check out today's recipe...

...it's my yummy (and super easy!) Chicken a la King!


No comments:

Post a Comment