Tuesday, October 29, 2013

#shayeveryday2013 in review!

Can you believe Shay Every Day 2013 is almost over???  I have had the most fun posting one picture every day that either represented what I did that day or just a special moment from that day.

I have loved looking back over this last year and seeing all of these happy moments.  Here's the thing though...2013 wasn't all sunshine and roses.  I cried a lot, my feelings were hurt, I was angry, I was stressed, I was tired, I was a normal mom with normal problems.  That being said, I really try and find some piece of happiness and joy in every single day God gives me.  Some days sucked this year...but I manged to squeeze out a tiny piece of happiness in a silly photo.  I highly recommend you document your life in 2014.  It has been such a blessing to have my year in pictures and of course, I will be doing it again next year.  #shayeveryday2014 comin' your way January 1 :).

Here are some of my favorite days...

I mean...let's be honest, I'm still kind of in shock that on Day 7, my brother starred in the Bachelor.  Weird doesn't even begin to describe it.  He is totally just my little brother...so all of this hoopla is kind of surreal.


On Day 10, we put our house on the market.  Now, one year later, I can absolutely see God's hand in everything but at the time, I was pretty nervous.  We didn't have a rental, we hadn't started building...stressful.  I'm so happy to be on this side of that day.


On Day 43, I saw Kidd Kraddick for the last time.  He passed away a few months later. I will always remember his kindness to me and all of his faithful listeners over the years.


I took Kensington to Fenway Park for her first time on Day 129.


My friend Brooke took one of my cakes to her mother-in-law's house on Day 153...which is kind of a huge deal since her mother-in-law is Paula Deen :).


The hubs and I took off for a two week vacation to Spain, Italy, France and Monaco on Day 187.


On Day 234, the September issue of Southern Living arrived in my mailbox...signaling the beginning of fall!


On Day 235, we announced to the world that the Shull family is expanding by one more.  A little girl who right now is an orphan but one day soon, will forever be a Shull.  Ashby London Shull :)


We kicked off the Christmas season on Day 336 with our annual carriage ride!


But if I'm being honest...my very favorite day of the year was this one...


...on Day 303, my Red Sox won the World Series :).

While looking back over the last 365 days, I did notice some trends...











Other than that Red Sox victory (which is really hard to beat!), here is what I'll remember most about 2013...

I will always look back and remember that in 2013, I was able to spend every day with my sweet kids.  I know for a fact that these are the very best days of my life.  I am so thankful for my little family.  At night, when the 4 of us are tucked away inside, no matter what kind of day we have all had, I have such a peace that God has me right where He wants me.

I know many of you will remember 2013 with great loss and sadness and for that, I am truly sorry.  I have had years marked by tremendous loss and sadness...and I know I will have many more in the future.  Prayers for all of my friends who will remember 2013 with a heavy heart.  

When I look ahead to 2014, I am very optimistic.  We will hopefully be bringing Ashby home and moving into our new house...vacations are already planned and Kensington starts kindergarten...it should be a huge year for the Shull 4 (5).  That being said, I really don't know what the future holds for 2014 but I am confident in the Lord's plan for my life.  My peace and joy come from Him.

Here's wishing you a wonderful and blessed New Year! 

Lots of love!

To keep up with me this year, follow me every day on Instagram @mixandmatchmama

 #shayeveryday2014

And today, I have your New Year's Eve menu up on my foodie blog!  Click here.





No comments:

Post a Comment