Thursday, October 31, 2013

On the 12th Day of Christmas: It was Shay's Pajama Party with Sheaffer!


Today is the 12th Day of Christmas!!  Woohoo!  Sheaffer and I wanted to end our 12 Days celebrating with things we love at our Pajama Party!  We're  curled up in our cute PJ Salvage jammies, drinking cocoa with marshmallows (Sheaffer's may or may not have a splash of something "adult" in her cocoa...), listening to Buble sing Christmas carols and we're talking about how much we love this time of year.

First up, we're talking about our awesome giveaway!  We are giving away all of our favorite things to one lucky reader today!



Did you see all of that goodness?  A blardigan!  Pajamas!  A gift card to Erin Condren!  Our favorite movie, favorite CD, the best scarf EVER, and so much more! 


We just love you ladies so much and are so thankful that you come by to visit us every day!  Since it's a PJ party, we're not only cuddled up in the Blardigan watching The Holiday and discussing our love of Erin Condren...we're talking about holiday favorites too...

What's your favorite thing to eat on Christmas morning after you've opened gifts?


At this point, we both recognize the fact that we operate best on Christmas Day when we're full of carbs and sugar.

What's your favorite Christmas movie?
Sheaffer: The Holiday
Me: The Holiday

At this point, we discuss how Jude Law is just the cutest thing ever...and that he melts our hearts...especially when he "weeps" during the movie.


What do you typically eat on Christmas Eve for dinner?
Sheaffer: Mexican Food
Me: We have an appetizer party!

At this point, we discuss our love of food in general.  We both loooove a good meal...especially together.

What are you hoping Santa brings you this Christmas?




And since this is a PJ Party...I thought we should focus a moment more on those adorable pajamas we're giving away...
...they're flannel, they're cozy, they're whimsical, they're perfect.  I love, love, love these jammies!


I always ask each of my co-host the same set of 12 questions...let's see how Sheaffer answered...
1. What is your favorite cosmetic?
Lip gloss is the one make-up product I absolutely can't live without!   I like NARS Sweet Dreams, Mac Viva Glam, and the Nordstrom brand.  I always wear the same lipstick, but I rotate between these lip glosses.

2. What is your favorite beauty product (not makeup)?
This is an easy one. I swear by Revlon All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner.  I always had soft and shiny hair, but about 10 years ago it all of a sudden started getting dry and hard to manage.  The All Soft products were recommended to me, and I've been using them ever since.  They are kind of expensive, so I always buy them when it's But 2 Get 2 Free at Ulta.

3. What is your favorite TV show?
Right now the hubby and I are really in to Blacklist.  We LOVE James Spader.  But we also will always sit down to watch a Cosby Show episode if we catch one.  Claire Huxtable is my favorite tv mom ever!

4. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Well, this is not really a vacation destination, but my favorite place on earth is my husband's families' ranch house.  I just love spending time their with my little family.  It's the perfect place to just be together and enjoy each other.

5. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
Well, the 2 most worn shoes in my closet right now are my Putty Callisto wedges and my Nude Patent Flats.  I also love my leopard flats.

6. What is your favorite nail polish?
OPI's cajun shrimp

7. What is your favorite chick-flick movie?
Steel Magnolias.  My junior year of high school my husband I and went on our first date, which happened to be to the Favorite's Dance for Valentine's Day.  After the dance we went back to his house, plopped down on a bean bag, and watched Steel Magnolias.  It's the reason our son's middle name is Jackson!

8. What is your favorite book?
I'm consistently amazed at how Jesus Calling can completely nail what you need to hear on certain days.

9. What is your favorite ice cream?
I love the Peppermint Dreyer's frozen yogurt.  It only comes out around Christmas time, and I always have to fight the urge to buy like 20 so I can have it throughout the year.  Of course I would also have to buy an extra freezer to keep all of it.  Details.

10. Who should star in a movie based on your life?
Let's go with Sandra Bullock.  And maybe afterwards she'll be my best friend.

11. What is your least favorite household chore?
Laundry fo sho.  I've been known to have to run a load 3x before finally moving it to the dryer.  And if we're going to be honest, there's a load in right now.  It needed to be moved about an hour ago, and yet I'm not getting up to move it.  Maybe tomorrow.

12. What is one fact about you most people don't know?

I LOATHE cotton.  It makes my skin crawl and my teeth hurt.  It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I literally just shivered thinking about it.

Thanks Sheaffer for being my co-host this month!!  I am beyond thrilled to spend December (and every month) with you!!  XOXO

To find more of Sheaffer, check out her fabulous blog Pinterest Told Me To and find her here too...


And our little Elf popped himself some popcorn and made himself at home...
What?  Doesn't your elf watch TV?



And there is still time (believe it or not) for your package to arrive by Christmas!







And on the 12th Day of Christmas...one final recipe for you!  (Who am I kidding?  I post recipes every single day....it's just your final recipe for the 12 days of Christmas!)


And of course, I ended with a bundt cake.  Because that's who I am.  I am the Bundt Cake Queen.

My Vanilla Bean Noel will be the hit of your Christmas dinner.  Simple, moist, and very yummy.  Happy eating!

And the Erin Condren winners from yesterday...
The $200 Grand Prize goes to:  Mallory Walsh!
The $50 prize goes to:  Jessica English!
Congratulations ladies!
E-mail Sheaffer at pinteresttoldmeto@yahoo.com, and we will get your prizes to you! 

That wraps up mine and Sheaffer's 12 Days of Christmas!  Thank you so much for participating with us!!  We have loved every single minute of it!!  We love you all so very much!!

And just to recap...
On the 1st Day of Christmas: I explained a lot to you and gave away a HUGE gift card!
On the 2nd Day of Christmas: I wrapped presents galore and gave away jewelry! 
On the 3rd Day of Christmas: I went for a carriage ride and spent all of my awesome Gap cash!
On the 4th Day of Christmas: I talked to you about...so many fun and festive things!
On the 5th Day of Christmas: I told you how to have your own Jammy Cocoa Christmas! 
On the 6th Day of Christmas: We had a snow day and ate lots of yummy goodies!
On the 7th Day of Christmas: I hosted a recipe exchange!
On the 8th Day of Christmas: We met Santa Claus!
On the 9th Day of Christmas: I told you how to hang those Christmas cards!
On the 10th Day of Christmas: I helped you with your men!
On the 11th Day of Christmas: I started organizing with you!

See you tomorrow!  The 12 Days of Christmas might be over but this mama still has stuff to say all December long!


No comments:

Post a Comment