Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Beat the Blues and Blahs!

Ohhhh....it's February.  The end of winter (though my winter in Dallas doesn't quite look like this).  It's cold.  We're tired of cold now.  We're ready for spring but spring isn't exactly that close by.  According to Puxatony Phil...we still have 6 more weeks left of winter. 

This was yesterday...snowy :).

He takes his fashion advice from Elmer Fudd.

So...it's snowy and cold...what shall we do???  We should do something to get us out of our winter blues and blahs!

Today, I'm showing you some of my favorite things that help me fight off the winter blues and blahs...things that give me a little extra pep in my step even on days when my nose is super stuffy, I feel like I weigh 20 pounds heavier because of the layers and my toes are numb.  We can beat the blues and blahs together.

First up...active wear...
Colorful tank, Ombre Pants, Half-Zip Top, Colorful Leggings, Sports Bra

...when it's cold and yucky outside, I head to the gym!  People swimsuit season is approaching...we can't put it off much longer.  It's time for some serious working out...and nothing inspires me more than a fresh pair of workout clothes and new workout shoes.

I decided it was to grab me a few new items to inspire me to hit the gym...

When I saw this half-zip jacket...I was intrigued.  Then I put it on and realized that I really liked it!  Isn't it fun?  How can you not be motivated to go to the gym in this fun top?! 

And those pants...I want to wear them every day.  Seriously.  I might even wear them to church.  They are so comfy (with a soft, wide band that didn't suffocate my middle or make me uncomfortable).  Online it says to order a size up which is good because I normally wear an XS in athletic pants (because I'm only 5'3") but I did buy them in a small.  So, I would order a size up to be safe.


Yup...I really like this top!


When I saw these pants, I immediately thought of Sheaffer and her ombre blardigan...I'm a big "black pants" workout person because I'm not sure color/patterns/stripes are good on my hiney, so these pants totally rocked my world!  They are dark in all the right places and then fun at the bottom.  Next...look at all of this fun stuff...




...I don't know about you...but a new pair of workout shoes always, always, always encourages me to be active.  Maybe this winter, you should treat yourself to a new pair and get motivated to get fit before spring and summer arrive?!  When I think of workout shoes...there is only one brand that I think of...Nike.  Honestly, I have been wearing them for years and years and years and years (like over 20 years) and I come back to them every time.  My parents bought Andrew some Lunar Glide Nikes for Christmas this year and he won't stop talking about them.  When I told him it was time to update my Nikes, he said Lunar Glide all the way...and he was so right!!


I went into Nordstrom to try these Nikes on (because no one has better customer service in the shoe department than Nordstrom...or a better return policy...so when you combine Nordstrom and Nike together, I know I will be a happy shopper!). 

They were sold out of this pink color (because apparently, everyone knows how awesome these shoes are), so I tried on another color and instantly fell in love with how light they are!!  I ordered these pink ones!  

Online they have all of the colors and sizes.  Order a half size up!  I normally wear an 8 in my other Nikes but I ordered an 8.5 in these.  I cannot wait for them to arrive!!


So besides getting motivated to get into the gym...what else cures my winter blues and blahs?  A few things...


Last year, I told you how I'm obsessed with Bath and Body Works Lemon Vanilla...well, they went and discontinued it on me.  I searched high and low and this Lemon Escape lotion from Victoria's Secret is now my go-to scent for spring and summer.  People...it's heavenly.  It smells like lemon, sugar and coconut...I might have bought 8 bottles.  Don't judge.  That was me using self-control!  I'm telling you...this will pull you out of your winter blues and blahs.  It also comes in a hand cream, body butter and scrub too.  Lemon scrub?  I totally bought some to use after I workout.  So refreshing!

This scarf is only $18 and totally looks like something that would cure my winter blues!  How light and fresh is this?  And look how cute floral scraves are styled...

See?  You're instantly happier now, right?  Floral scarves cure winter blues.  Here are a few of my other faves...




OPI's Big Apple Red has been around for years but I just bought it for the first time the other day.  Such a happy color!  I'm particular about my red polishes but this one is perfect!  (Aren't my tips pretty?!?!  I just the color!)


I have been using Sarah Happ  the lip scrub for years and years.  No other lip scrub compares.  At all!  Each little tub lasts me about a year (I think I'm on my 4th tub right now).  I use this every morning before I wash my face and it makes my lipstick and gloss go on smoother and it makes them stay put longer.  You will become an addict of this stuff!  Right now, I'm using Vanilla Bean but this Sparkling Pink Grapefruit will be my next one!

Click here to see the other flavors.

So, now that your lips are all smooth...what should you put on top of them???

My signature pink...MAC St. Germain.  You're always asking me...and it's always the same answer.  I love, love, love this color.  How could this not cure your winter blues and blahs???


I'm so excited about the Olympics this month!  I love, love, love watching the Olympics!  My favorite part is learning about the different contestants...hearing their stories and getting to know them.  I also love how all of a sudden, we unite as Americans and cheer for one team.  I really, really love the Olympics.  This will totally cure my winter blues and blahs!

And my final cure...


...my Italian Chicken Noodle Soup.  Yes. You'll love it.  Make it tonight while you're watching the Opening Ceremonies!

And the winner of our Wellies + Besties = Love giveaway is...

Leslie Tucker!

Congratulations to Leslie and her bestie for each winning a pair of red Wellies from Sheaffer and me!  Please email me at mixandmatchmama@yahoo.com to claim your prize!


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment