Monday, October 28, 2013

Back to normal

I love routine.  I love schedules and normalcy.  I love simple days.

As much as I love the holiday season, it is so nice to enter into January and go back to our normal routine! 

This is totally normal.  Who needs dumbbells when you have a 4 and 5 year old?  While I was folding laundry, Andrew was bench-pressing our children...

Kensington's New Year's Resolution...wear more leopard.  I found her in the kitchen walking around in my leopard pumps...I love this kid.

Andrew and I are always emphasizing to our kids that we're a team.  We really want them to take pride in the fact that we're a family and that the 4 of us will stick together through thick and thin.  We were about to pull out of the Starbucks parking lot the other day (go figure) and Smith said we should put our hands in and say "go team"...I was holding my phone at the time, so I snapped a picture.  When we were done, Kensington said, "I can't wait until Ashby's hand is in there too".  Love.

On Thursday, it was really cold, so I decided to take the kiddos to our favorite diner for coffee and brunch. We called Andrew and he was able to meet us :). Pancakes, coffee and my family...my favorite things!


Headed home after brunch!

I told Smith that he didn't have to take a nap on this day because Nixon and Bowen were coming over to play.  They left at 4:45 and by 4:46, Smith was like this.  This boy loves his sleep!


And this girl loves 30 Minute Meals on Food Network!  She always asks to watch it :).  She really pays attention and learns so much from Ms. Rachael Ray! Mix and Match Daughter in the making. XOXO


Peppermint Sundae smiles :)


It was really cold and so I was sitting by the fire and Kensington decided to make  me a drink...water in a Cinderella cup with a plastic straw...perfect!

Bet you can't guess what day of the week it was?

I love that little bum :).

Kensington was super tired on Friday night, so she went to bed earlier than Smith.  My sweet boy played with a flashlight and a truck in front of the fire all night.  Boys are so easy to entertain!


The weather was so nice on Saturday that we went for bike rides (well, the kids rode and Andrew, Poppy and I followed).


Look at me on our walk...Hue leggings and Wellies.  Both closet staples :).


And my sweet friend Mollee knows how much we love red, scarves and matching...so she made us both red scarves.  Such a sweetie!

The other day, someone commented and said they didn't know we had a dog.  We do.  Her name is Poppy Popsicle.  She's a Coton de Tulear, weighs about 10 pounds, almost two years old and does this all day long.  The reason why you hardly see pictures of her is because she goes everywhere with Andrew.  Seriously.  Every morning, she goes to work with Andrew and sits under his desk all day.  He brings her home at the end of the day...she is always with him.  And if on the rare occasion she is alone with me, she looks at me like, "I'm not quite sure what to do".  


Hot Chocolate smiles are very common during January in our house!  My kiddos love cocoa!


This kid is such a mini me!  She asks me every day to speak French to her, she loves all things Paris, and talks about moving there one day.  So.my.child.  When I found these pjs at Gymboree last fall, I bought them for a Christmas gift for her...and she loves them :).


In January, I always love reading my friends' blogs about their goals and resolutions for the new year.  Two posts in particular really stood out to me this year.  The first one was by Andrea who included three very profound and true quotes including this one...


Such truth there.  I am really going to take this to heart in 2014 more than ever.  I want to relish my kids.  I will never have this year back.  This is my one and only shot at 2014...I need to make the most of it.  To see Andrea's other two quotes, click here.

The second post that really stood out to me was Kelly's post on being intentional.  If you haven't read it yet, you need to!  Click here.

I know I shouldn't be happy about Monday but I am.  I'm ready for the New Year, a new beginning and the coziness of January.

If you missed our Pin-spired for the month, make sure you check it out here.

And don't forget to check out What I'm Wearing at the top of my blog for daily pics of what I'm wearing and where it came from!

And Meal Planning Monday is up today!  Click here.

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment