Thursday, October 31, 2013

On the 10th Day of Christmas: I helped you with your men!


It's the 10th Day of Christmas and it's time (finally) to talk about our men!  Poor guys...they always get left for the end.  The good news is that there is still time to order and receive for the special boy in your life...but you better not wait too much longer.  If I were you, I'd make some decisions today!

But first...BIG news for you bootie lovers...


...they're on sale!!  Yes!  All 3 colors and they're 33% off!  My very favorite bootie of all time!  So comfy!!  Click here.

And now, on to the men...

Poor Andrew...he's always the last one I shop for.  Andrew, my dad, my two grandpas, my father-in-law and my brother are at the end of my list.  Boo.  It's not nearly as much fun shopping for those guys as it is for the ladies in my life.  I, of course, went straight to my favorite store, Nordstrom and partnered with them on this guy-shopping extravaganza!  Nordstrom just makes it simple...free shipping, free returns and simple exchanges.  If I buy my guys something they don't love, they can simply take it back.  That's so nice this time of year!

First up...things my guys need to wear for work or other more formal events...and you can shop this post just by clicking on the picture (fancy, right?!).



Andrew wears a shirt and tie every day to work...and he also wears cuff links too.  When a guy wears a shirt over and over again...if it's not a great quality, it won't last.  I really love these David Donahue shirts because they fit guys of every size (regular, big, and tall) and will last and last.  When Andrew invests in his shirts, he has them forever...I consider them a great purchase.  

I also think cuff links are a great gift to give to those guys in your family too because they fit men of all ages, shapes and sizes...and they can be so fun and personal!  Did you see the little golfer cuff links from David Donahue?  When I was looking at his awesome shirts, I found these great cuff links too!  What about the scales of justice ones?  So fun for the golfer or lawyer in your life.  Here are some other fun cuff link choices...I kind of got cuff link obsessed but trust me, this is probably the most fun piece of jewelry your guy could have.   

Here is a collage of my favorite cuff links for so many fun occupations, hobbies and interests...


Andrew would love the football cuff links, my cousin should buy her hubby the soccer ones, Sean totally needs the boxer and the lab ones (he could wear one of each!) and I need a pilot on my list just so I can get the propeller ones!  Such a clever gift for men!

Something else I like buying guys this time of year?  Shoes!


In my family, slip-on shoes for guys are a big deal.  I guarantee you that at least 3 men will receive a pair of Toms or Sperrys this year from Santa.


Last Christmas, Andrew got this Art of Shaving Kit and fell in love!  This isn't something he would normally go out and purchase for himself but he was oh so thrilled someone else bought it for him!

And of course, while I was shopping for the boys...I might have found a few things for us ladies too...

The "softer than cashmere" plaid scarf.  Hello?  It says it all in the name!  Yes, it's in the men's department...but ladies, we've talked about this...that's ok!  It's fabulous, who cares?!  And it's under $20!

And then on Wednesday, I threw on my leather jacket that's 3 years old and posted a pic on Instagram and you people loved it.  Have we not discussed leather jackets?  I guess not!  Here's the pic...
...I'm wearing it with my perfect fringe scarf in dusty pink :).  Here are some other fun leather (and pleather) jackets for you...


That super cute black faux-leather jacket is only $78 and look how adorable it is!  Just for fun...here are a few ways, you could style that jacket...



 And...our elf got all wrapped up in his shenanigans today...

My kids laughed and laughed and laughed at our silly elf who "wrapped" our bathroom :).

Today's recipe is a classic with a twist...


The easiest pie!  And so delicious too!  This Christmas, don't just bring a pecan pie...bring my Chocolate Pecan Pie!  Your family will thank you (and you will thank me because it's so simple!).

And one more BIG thing for your Friday...


The Gap Daily Deal today is 40% off your purchase!
Click here!

And they have re-stocked this...
...yes!  The softest scarf EVER is back baby!  Click here.

Have a great weekend everyone!  We have 2 days of Christmas left!!  Big things happen next week :).

On the 1st Day of Christmas: I explained a lot to you and gave away a HUGE gift card!
On the 2nd Day of Christmas: I wrapped presents galore and gave away jewelry! 
On the 3rd Day of Christmas: I went for a carriage ride and spent all of my awesome Gap cash!
On the 4th Day of Christmas: I talked to you about...so many fun and festive things!
On the 5th Day of Christmas: I told you how to have your own Jammy Cocoa Christmas! 
On the 6th Day of Christmas: We had a snow day and ate lots of yummy goodies!
On the 7th Day of Christmas: I hosted a recipe exchange!
On the 8th Day of Christmas: We met Santa Claus!
On the 9th Day of Christmas: I told you how to hang those Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment