Monday, October 28, 2013

January Pin-spired!

It's baaaack!

Have you missed Pin-spired as much as I have?!?!  It's time for Mel, Sheaffer and me to look to Pinterest for some great style ideas and this month, I'm trying to repeat things so that you can see how often I really wear some of these staple items.  Here I go...

Look #1
I actually found this picture after I posted this one of myself...

...when I posted this pic, everyone loved the leather and plaid, so I decided to recreate another look but this time using my favorite winter staple...the plaid scarf...

A different leather jacket (this one, my Grandmother bought me over 10 years ago!) and my favorite plaid scarf.

With my Gap jeans and booties :).

The reason I love this look is because it uses 3 staple wardrobe pieces that you'll have forever...great jeans, a fun plaid scarf and a "never goes out of style" leather jacket.  These aren't trendy pieces...they're timeless and classic!

This is the absolute best plaid scarf for winter!  I seriously wear mine almost every day.  Gap sold out of them during December but they have been re-stocked and ready to go.  Hurry though, they will sell out again!!  I just love, love, love mine!

And right now...everything at Gap is 40% off!  Yes!  



And for my other favorite plaid scarves (that are just as soft and cozy), I love these...


 I know, I know...
I've been talking about these scarves for two months now.  But ladies, they are seriously that wonderful!

I love my pink one :).

For a ton of other plaid scarf options, click here.

And then wait for it...


...yes!  The famous fringe scarf (the one I'm wearing in the first picture) sold out after Christmas but they have now come out with a different version in 3 new colors (plus black).  You should be freaking out now!  I have said it a million times...this scarf just styles itself.  It's fabulous!

Now, the thing about a leather jacket is...it never goes out of style.  The jacket I'm wearing in the first picture is 3 years old and in the second picture, it's over 10 years old.  Here are some of my favorites right now (3 are faux and 1 is real).  You will love their prices and the way they update your look over and over again!


Leather jackets are just classic.  Plain and simple.  Click here for other leather jacket options.

I realized a few weeks ago that even though I have many, many, many pairs of jeans (collected over the years), I seem to always wear one of my Gap Always Skinny Jeans every single day.  Don't let the word "skinny" throw you off.  They're not tight.  They're perfect for tucking into boots but they also roll up nicely for a boyfriend look...and I wear them with flats too.  My favorite part...they don't stretch out in the rear.  They keep their shape and wash and wear perfectly!  I even prefer them over those pricey jeans...they're perfection!



 Don't believe how much I love these jeans?  Just wait until you see Look #2...


Look #2


Sigh.

My heart belongs to them.

And Michael Buble of course.  My heart belongs to Michael Buble and my red Wellies.

Let me explain, several years ago before I owned a pair of Wellies, I saw a picture of Gwyneth Paltrow wearing a red pair of Wellies and cut-off denim shorts...and I fell in love.  I just loved the red Wellies.  

Well, when I decided to purchase my first pair, I chose a very basic and classic black...and I have worn the heck out of them!  Because I loved them so much, last spring, my sweet friend Sheaffer bought me a pair of lavender Wellies (I know...soooooo sweet of her!) and I wear them all the time too.  

So, I know what you're thinking?  Do I really need 3 pair of Wellies?  And the answer is no.  But I'm so glad I have them.  

I have decided that Wellies aren't just for rain...in a bright and fun color, they're perfect for cold days when my feet need to stay warm, they're perfect for going to the park with my kids, they're great for walking my dog, they're wonderful on vacations where I have to walk a lot...they really are just good boots.  And because I wear them so much, I was delighted when Santa brought me a red pair!

Oh look how good my red wellies look with my favorite scarf and military jacket (like item)!

It wasn't even raining on this day but it was cold and sunny and I wanted a pop of color!  


This is classic Shay...wearing my destructed jeans (the Gap Skinnys, of course!), striped shirt, plaid scarf and gold jewelry.  All basics.  All things I can wear over and over again.


No matter which color I wear...rain or shine...warm or cold...I love my Wellies.

Click here to see all my favorite colors (including black and red).  Unfortunately, my lavender ones aren't available any more.  But for a really fun bright pink color, click here.

As for sizing, I find that Wellies run true to size or a little big.  I normally wear an 8 and all of my Wellies are 8.  My mom wears an 8.5 but her Wellies are 8...so I think you should size down if you're a half size.  As for care and maintenance...I learned how to clean my Wellies by clicking here.  They sparkle after every clean (which is only about once a year!).


And then this is just plain fabulous...


My grandmother was reading my blog before Christmas and saw how I kept referring to this...

...how you should buy the girls in your life a fun and colorful robe.  Well, she took my advice and bought both Catherine and me one...


I mean...really...they are so soft and cozy that I have been wearing mine all the time!  I've never really been a big robe person...but honey, that has changed!  Thanks Grandmother!!  Click here to check them out.


And I've revamped the Shay's Closet portion of my blog (found right below the header).  I've now named it What I'm Wearing.  Every time I get dressed, I'll post a picture in that section of the blog with links to either the exact item or a very similar one!  I get so many emails and comments, that I decided this might help make it easier for you in 2014.  I'll be updating it almost daily, so be sure to click!

And don't forget to check out my foodie blog today for some of my very favorite One Pound meals.  That means, you can use either a pound of ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken in the recipe.  

Thanks for stopping by today!  I can't wait to see how you've been Pin-spired this month!  Link up below!




No comments:

Post a Comment