Monday, October 21, 2013

Easy Taco Soup Recipe from A Pinch of Salt Lake

Easy Taco Soup
This Easy Taco Soup was a big hit when I made it this year for my annual New Year's Day soup party!

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, February 2014.)  There are some recipes that become favorites just because they're simple and use ingredients you usually have on hand, and this Easy Taco Soup that I first made years ago is a family-friendly soup I've made over and over for parties.  I adapted the recipe from A Pinch of Salt Lake, a classic old cookbook published by the Junior League of Salt Lake, and this year when I made this soup again for my annual New Year's Day Soup party, I decided it was time to update this post with better photos.  

Almost as fun is eating the soup is the story of how I got the cookbook years ago as a gift from a third-grade student named Nathan.  I'd always wanted the book, so when he showed up at school with it one day, I was quite excited.  In the honest way kids have he said, "My mom didn't think she'd ever use it."  Recently I saw Nathan's mom in the grocery store and she told me he's now 17, which shows how long I've been making this soup!

Click to continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment