Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Wedges Part 2


Last year, I did a Shade of Shay on Wedges...and you ladies loved it!  So, since spring and summer are about to arrive, I thought I would do Wedges Part 2!  Every year, we should celebrate the greatness that is the wedge, right?

Let's recap why the wedge is the perfect shoe...
1. They look great with pants, jeans, skirts, dresses and shorts.
2. They give you more support than a regular high heel.
3. They elevate any causal look.  Instantly.
4. They're very timeless and really never go out of style.
5. They make your legs look long and you look tall.
6. As far as heels go, they are the most comfortable ones you can wear.

Need a little proof?  Here you go...


This is my favorite look.  Wedges and shorts.  Look how long their legs look!  You take any pair of boring shorts and a tee on a hot summer night and then throw on a pair of wedges and bam!  You look dressed up.  You look intentional.  And you're just wearing shorts.

My favorite shorts to wear with wedges?  The colored J Crew Chinos.  Here's how I would style this outfit...

Perfect Summer Look!

The rest of your outfit stays very basic (tees and shorts) but those wedges...those wedges make everything seem more special.  Like you really got dressed that day (instead of just throwing on shorts and a tee).

Now, you know I love the J Crew shorts because they come in over a dozen colors, wash well and will last for years (I have 3 pairs that are 4 years old in my closet).  Don't forget, I wear the 3 inch hemline but you can also get their 4, 5, 7 or 9 inch hemlines in fun colors too! 

As for a striped shirt...well, I'm striped shirt obsessed! 



What else looks great with wedges?  Well...

I just love this.  Love.  Now that boots and bootie season has ended, I add my wedges to my favorite jeans and go.  I really think wedges look cute layered up with a little jacket and scarf and then also paired with jeans and a tank.  Here is how I would style this...


Military Jacket plus Flowy Tank (available in 12 colors!) plus Cuffed White Jeans plus Wedges equals 
Perfect Summer Look!

And then there's this...
Ohhhhh!  The skirt is the wedges' best friend!  What I love most about this is that it looks just as appropriate when you're  running to Target as it does for dinner on the patio, an afternoon summer wedding or a BBQ.  It just works.

Striped Tee (in 13 colors) plus Bright Maxi Skirt plus Wedges equals
Perfect Summer Look!

Here are a few more skirts that would look super cute with wedges...


And then there is this...

Wedges and dresses...dresses and wedges.  The perfect pairing.


Navy Eyelet Dress (also in white) plus Wedges equals 
 Perfect Summer Look!

I'm so excited about the navy eyelet dress!  I bought it and it's adorable!  I love the pockets on the side.  Gap has some really cute dresses right now that would all pair beautifully with wedges.  Just look...


Aren't they all so cute?!?!  And they would all look fabulous with...wedges.  
Click here to see these and  more cute dresses.

Yes...my name is Shay...and I'm wedge obsessed.  Love them.  Love them so much!  And just for grins...here are a few more that I'm in love with this season (because a girl can always use another pair of wedges!).


And one last thought...I often get asked what color do I use to paint my toes for spring and summer...and my answer always is...

...a very light shade.  I like wearing bright colors on my fingers and light shades on my toes.  These aren't my feet (I found them off Pinterest) but don't those toes look clean and fresh?  I just love a light pedicure.  Right now, Essie's Marshmallow is my favorite for my tootsies.


I hope you enjoyed Wedges Part Two!  For dinner tonight?  I'm making Sheaffer's Teriyaki Chicken.  Did you know Sheaffer can cook?  That's right!  She doesn't just tell me what to wear...sometimes, she tells me what to eat too :).

Happy Tuesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment