Monday, November 11, 2013

October Pin-spired!


It's October!!  Yay!  October means pumpkins, cold nights, lots of layers, boots, my birthday and Halloween.  I love October :).

I was totally inspired this month to get out of my shorts (which I adore) and into fall layers.  I have 3 examples for you of how I got Pin-spired for October...

Look #1
Tweed jackets and distressed jeans are so me.  I never look too conservative...I always like a little something going on (like big holes in my pants!).


If you haven't figured it out by now, the rent house doesn't have a full length mirror, and Andrew and I are too lazy busy to add one...thus, the crazy pics I post of myself :).  I found this tweed jacket with a little motorcycle edge at Loft (it's 40% off right now!).  I will wear it all season long!  The color is so basic that it will surely go with everything!  My tee is from Gap and my jeans are one of Sheaffer's Must Haves (if Sheaffer tells me to do it...I always do!).  

I love the little details on my jacket!  


And my new favorite earrings are Stella & Dot!  They are really light weight and so much fun!


And I love, love, love my leopard booties!  This is my third season to have mine and I promise you, they really do go with everything!  I could wear them every day!  (And no, I don't wear socks with my booties...I treat them like a wedge.  If you do wear a sock with your booties, make sure they don't show!  The ankle peeking out is park of the look!)


Tweed Jacket: Here
Tee: Here
Jeans: Here
Earrings: Here
Leopard Booties (like version): Here or Here

Look #2
Who says you can't wear leopard with camo?  If they're both suppose to be neutrals then it's like I'm practically wearing all white, right?!  I love camo, I love leopard...and now, I love them paired together.

I really, really, really love my camo jeans!  I have been wearing them nonstop since I bought them last April.  They are just more fun than throwing on a pair of denim jeans, but just as easy to wear.  And layered with my denim jacket, a tank and my new favorite leopard and navy scarf...I was a happy girl on this day!  

This scarf also comes in mustard, orange, red and green with leopard...Sheaffer tried on the green the other day it was gorgeous on her!  I really have been wearing it almost daily.  I just love a good scarf...especially thrown over my camo :).


The best of both worlds...leopard and camo :).

Camo Jeans: Here
Denim Jacket: Here
Navy Tank: Here
Leopard & Navy Scarf: Here
Cognac Booties (like version): Here


Look #3
Ahhh...the plaid scarf.  I love.


And since I'm obsessed with a striped shirt, I layered mine with a basic striped shirt, my distressed jeans and my black booties.


What I love most about this plaid scarf is that it's so light.  It comes in three other gorgeous colors but the orange just says fall to me.

And my black booties make my heart so happy!  I know they look tall but trust me, they're comfy because of that awesome wedge.  Nothing makes a simple tee look better than a great scarf and some killer shoes.

Plaid Scarf: Here
Striped Tee: Here
Jeans: Here
Black Booties: Here

So, now I'm Pin-spired for October!  You need to go see how Mel and Sheaffer got Pin-spired this month too!  You're not going to want to miss either post!

Don't forget...link up your own Pin-spired inspiration below...I love seeing how creative you girls are!

Tomorrow's Fifty Two Shades of Shay is all about the boyfriend...intrigued, right?
Come back tomorrow :).

And in honor of October 1, it's my Halloween Preview over on my foodie blog!



Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment