Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Decorating for Christmas

Last December, when I decorated my home of 7 years, I knew it was going to be our last Christmas there.  I wasn't sure where we would be going...but I knew that was our last Christmas in our home.  And it was sad. 
 But thank you Lord, everything has worked out!  This year, we are celebrating Christmas in our rent house.  After 9 months of living here, it really feels like home now.  Next year, we'll be in the new house, so this is our one and only Christmas in our special rental...and we're going to enjoy every minute of it.

We couldn't go through the Shades of Shay without talking about my house at Christmas...it's very important to me!

Now...my kids have pointed out several times that I only used about half of our Christmas decorations...and that would be true.  Since all of our stuff is in storage, I only pulled out half.  If you want to see the other half, check out last year's post in our old house here.  We usually put up two big trees and a lot of other decor, but this year, we're being a little lazy...isn't that what you're supposed to do when you're in-between homes?  I think so.

Here's a peak inside our one and only Christmas at the rent house...



We have garland going up our stairs...


Our entry table.


A look into our family room.


Because you can never have too many colored lights laying around...


We already have some presents wrapped and under the tree!  I was lazy and didn't even "top" my tree this year (I'm taking a break, remember!  It's good to take a break occasionally!).  I love the little snowmen on the bottom right.  Smith hung those there and every morning, he "checks" on them.




My favorite room in the house...where I spend a lot of time whipping up Christmas food!



I love my new sign!  My friend Amy made it and unfortunately, she doesn't want me to share her contact info (I think she likes just making me signs).  However, I'm sure someone on Etsy could create one for you too.




My kids love having their rooms decorated!  They love, love, love it!  This year, I bought them new flannel Christmas sheets and I so wish they came in a king size...because I would have them on my bed too!  (And yes, I also bought Ashby some!)  Andrea made Kensington that sign for above her bed :).


And sweet Smith's room :).

I have collected Christmas decorations for 10 years, so I'm sorry I can't specifically link to each item.  My stockings, sheets, and tree skirt came from Pottery Barn Kids though.

Thanks for stopping by the rent house!

I have a yummy Spicy Chicken Corn Chowder on the foodie blog today...


...so simple and so delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment