Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Boots


I've already told you about my love of wedges.  They are my shoe of choice (I mean come on...even this graphic has a wedge on it!).  But if it's not wedge season, then I must wear something else...and thus, I bring out my boots.

I love a good pair of boots!  Love, love, love them!  The thing about boots is that if you buy a good pair, they will last you FOREVER!  Some shoes come and go, some shoes rely on trends but boots...boots are classic.  Boots will be with you for years and years and years.  Today, I'm showing you my favorite kinds of boots...the ones I'll have forever and wear all fall and winter long.  

Rain Boots


I'm not even going to pretend like I would recommend a different brand of rain boots...Hunter Wellingtons in my opinion, are the only rain boot option!  They are warm, they are comfortable, they are classic, they are durable and most of all, they keep your feet dry!


I really do wear my Wellies year around.  They are a great investment! 

Tall Boots
I love tall boots because they work so well with both skinny jeans and skirts or dresses.  I have two pairs of tall boots that I bought before I was even married (over 10 years ago!), and I still wear them all the time.  Tall boots really do probably have the longest shelf life in your closet.  Here are some of the tall boots that I'm in love with right now (and don't worry...these are all heels...the flat boots will be discussed in a minute!)...



I love the lace detail on the back of these slouchy boots!  These boots also come in black as well, and I think they're just so cute!  I can see them with both tights and a skirt or jeans.


A pair of classic boots like this would stay in your closet FOREVER!  You can wear these to work, church, dinner, or over skinny jeans...they are timeless and classic.


And aren't these boots pretty?!?!  They also come in black but I just really love this gorgeous caramel color.


And these wedge boots (also in black) are just so pretty.  I think you could dress them up or down (plus, a wedge heel is just sooooo comfortable!).

Booties
I have been wearing booties for years and love them because they're just so easy!  You throw them on with anything and your outfit is immediately elevated just a bit.  Let me show you...



Aren't they fun?!?!  They can take a basic outfit and make it more interesting...love them!


Not only does Steve Madden create some of the most comfortable shoes ever, he also creates long lasting, durable shoes at a great price!  These booties will last you a lifetime and be comfortable too!

If you love your Uggs, you'll flip over these Ugg booties!  Such a cute way to keep your feet warm this winter!


These Sole Society Booties come in 4 different colors and are under $80!  They are all so sassy that I don't know which color is my favorite?!?1


If you don't want a tall heel, these BP Booties offer just a little heel but not too much.


And these are the booties I bought this season...I love them.  I love the gold detail and I love the wedge heel.  Believe it or not but they are so comfortable!  That heel really does give you a lot of support.  I have already worn them several times and am IN LOVE!

Riding Boots
I told you in August that I bought my very first pair of riding boots...these Steve Madden ones right here!  I have never worn flat riding boots before but since they're always, always on trend (a classic!), I've decided to add them to my boot repertoire.  I just love the zipper up the back!
These boots have lycra in them for a stretch and perfect fit at the calf!  Thank you Isaac Mizrahi for considering all calf sizes when creating a boot!


I'm pretty sure any riding boot fanatic will tell you that Frye's are the standard to which all other riding boots try to reach.  These riding boots above are just yummy...yes, that's right...I called a pair of boots yummy :).

So there you have it...if it's not a wedge, it should be a boot.  Why not end today's post on a combination of the two?  I give you...the Wedge Boots...

These Jessica Simpson wedge booties come in three different colors.

These gorgeous cognac boots are under $100!

These Uggs will keep your feet warm and your outfit stylish!

And these little booties are just plain cool :).

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Wear a pair of boots and think of me :).

And on the foodie blog today, my easy Apple Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches!

Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
Find me on Instagram @mixandmatchmama



No comments:

Post a Comment