Wednesday, November 20, 2013

August Pin-spired

Hello friends!


It's August.  It's that time of year when you look into your closet and start thinking about what you won't be wearing again until next May...you start thinking about what staples you'll need to add to your wardrobe this fall and you begin to figure out how to transition your summer clothes into your fall clothes while the weather is still warm.

This month, I took my inspiration from this photo I found on Pinterest...

...navy and leopard and ran with it.


I love my navy skirt because it looks great with bare legs and strappy sandals for summer but it also pairs perfectly with leggings and boots for fall and winter.  It's also a great alternative to black.  I paired my skirt with a boyfriend shirt from Gap...another great transition staple.

The boyfriend shirt can be rolled up and paired with a great pair of shorts or rolled down and layered with a cute jacket and jeans.  It is comfy, easy to wear and a great closet staple no matter the season.  

I also changed out my polish from the bright pinks and oranges of summer to OPIs most popular shade, I'm Not Really A Waitress, for a more toned down (almost to fall) kind of shade.


And of course my leopard pumps.  Leopard is a neutral.  Trust me.  Between my leopard booties and my leopard heels, I wear leopard a lot on my feet.


Since it's August and summer is coming to an end, I decided to recap some of my favorite Pin-spired staples from the warmer months of spring and summer...because so many of them are on sale right now!  If you haven't checked them out before, now is the time!


I know.  I talked about these wedges on Tuesday...and I'm talking about them again.  But when I think back on the summer of 2013, I will think of these wedges.  If the putty color isn't your fave, then check out the other three colors too.  Summer is ending but seriously, these wedges would look so cute under skinny jeans or cropped pants for fall too.


And then there are these white shorts from Gap.  I have worn them to death!  They have the perfect amount of stretch in them, so they fit comfy and hold their shape.  You can also find them on sale right now plus the navy top and striped tank (both of which are in other colors as well).


And then there are my Wellies.  Oh, how I love my Wellies.  They are comfortable, easy to walk in, warm and truly keep your feet dry.  I'm really in love with the new fall colors that they have out right now.  Click here to see the entire line of fall Wellies.



Ohhhh!  And my J Crew Chino Shorts!  Please tell me that when you see a pair of colored shorts, you think of me?  Maybe that should go on my tombstone? 

Here lies Shay Shull.
She loved short colored shorts.
And she's buried in them now.

That about wraps up August Pin-spired!  Make sure you check in with Mel and Sheaffer to see how they've been inspired by Pinterest this month.

If you missed what I posted on Tuesday, I listed everything I like to wear/read/take on a trip and a lot of it included really practical summer essentials that are on sale right now.  Click here to check it out.

Don't forget to link up below!  XOXO


Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here.
 Instagram @mixandmatchmama

No comments:

Post a Comment