Monday, November 11, 2013

Shopping with Sheaffer and Shay

Hello!  Hello!  Sheaffer and I headed out to the mall to check out things we love and that you will too!  Last time, we focused on back to school clothes for our kiddos (with a few extra things for moms as well) but this time, it's fall essentials we think every gal needs in her closet.  

You know me...I'm not into fancy.  I'm into practical pieces us busy moms can throw on and wear comfortably while wrangling kiddos or working all day.  You want to shop with us?  Well, come on...

First stop, I headed to the scarf department!  I am scarf OBSESSED!  Look how much my basic tee gets a boost with a fun scarf?!  Scarves are such a simple accessory to boost any outfit.  I love, love, love this one right here.  It was cozy and soft and would work with any old top underneath.  It comes in three fun color combos.

I also loved these scarves too...

I love all of them because I can see them in either fall or holiday photos.  The colors just say fall.

After I left the scarf department, I headed to find some black leggings to wear with my tees this fall.  I tried on 15 pairs for you guys to find the best ones and decided this pair was the winner.  You're welcome.  It was exhausting.  :)

You can't tell as much in my photo but you can in the online photo...these leggings are textured and have a little detail one them which I love!  They're not just boring, basic, black leggings...they're more fun and look like actual pants and not just leggings.  I loved them!  In the online pic they look a little grey but as you can see in my pic, they're definitely black.


After I left the leggings department, I made my way to Gap...
...where I fell in love with this little blazer.  I mean, seriously in love!  Look at how the sleeves roll up to reveal the cute stripe?!?!  And look at the nice fit!  It was perfection in a blazer...and at Gap!  Such a great transitional piece that you will have forever (because really, when does a blazer go out of style??)!

And ohhhh....look at the sweaters I found!  I'm kind of picky about my sweaters.  I never want them to be too thick and bulky because if I'm wearing a sweater, the chances are good that it's cold enough for outerwear too...and nothing stinks more than putting on a coat over a bulky sweater (you feel like the little brother in A Christmas Story who can't put his arms down in his snow suit).  I loved this light-weight boat-neck sweater.  This is one of those perfect sweaters made for layering.  And look at all of the color choices...


Such great colors!



And look at this cute coral cord jacket!  Such a fun color that instantly added a pop to a basic pair of jeans and a navy top!  It also comes in grey too.


Speaking of cords...have you seen Gap's new Real Straight cords?  They're not legging jeans...they have a narrow opening at the end a slightly more relaxed fit than a legging jean.  This is the ruby wine color which I think would make a great neutral.  I thought these pants were really comfy and just a tad more dressy than a basic pair of denim jeans.  And look at the other great colors they come in too...

Such a fun twist on basic casual pants!  Click here for all of the colors.


And one more fun pair of pants (I really tried on the pants for you ladies!).  I have been reading about how trendy and fun coated jeans are...but I don't want to spend a lot on trendy, so I found a great pair of coated jeans at Gap for a fraction of the price!  And they also come in a variety of fun colors.  I'm actually wearing the navy ones in this pic but you can also find them in 4 other great colors (including black and chocolate chip).  

These pants would look great with all of your holiday tops for fun parties this season...
A fun pair of coated jeans, a sparkly top and sassy shoes and you're set for a fun party!

And if you missed my tribute to the boyfriend jeans on Wednesday, you can check it out here.  Gap has some of my very favorite boyfriend jeans...here is the same style but in two different washes I have both and wear them ALL THE TIME!  I'm actually typing this very post in the first pair :).

The lighter boyfriend jeans (that I'm wearing right this minute!).

And the darker boyfriend jeans (that I wore yesterday...seriously!).  

Finally, I finished off my shopping day with Sheaffer by heading to Banana Republic for outerwear.  In my opinion, no one does outerwear better than Banana Republic!

Um, hello fun!  I just threw this quilted vest over my basic striped tee and look how instantly it makes my outfit complete!  I've never worn a quilted vest...but I'm in love with this one!


And then last year, I bought a mustard yellow jacket and an orange jacket that you people asked me about all winter long (because I wore them in almost every picture!)...  

Well, this year, Banana Republic updated the look and made last year's yellow jacket in the fresh and fun orange color...
Isn't this orange coat fun?!?!
I love my bright coats so much (especially on dreary cold days), so I think you will love one too :).


And after all of that shopping, my day ended with my gal and a Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino :).  Sheaffer is up next Friday talking about how she spent her time shopping on our fun day.  Two girls, one mall, and a lot of fun!

Don't miss my cozy slow cooker dinner over on my foodie blog...


That's just a bowl of goodness right there!  My Chicken and Noodles in the slow cooker :).

Finally, the winners of the Lovely Lace Leggings giveaway are...

Kim Robertson and Kelly Hooper!


Congratulations!!  


Happy Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment