Saturday, November 2, 2013

On the 3rd Day of Christmas: I went for a carriage ride and spent all my awesome Gap cash!


On the 3rd Day of Christmas, I went for a carriage ride and spent all my awesome Gap cash (plus, I sang a lot of Bing Crosby songs!).

Are you having fun yet?  Sheaffer and I are having a B-L-A-S-T!  We love you girls so much and are so thankful and blessed for your friendships!  We love, love, love sharing our holiday season with YOU!

I'm not only going to talk about carriage rides and Gap cash...we're giving away something else again today!

I know!

I suddenly feel like Oprah!

But without the billions of dollars.

And my own television network.

And that Academy Award nomination.

I digress.


Let's go girls...

So...what family tradition are we up to today?  Well an old-fashioned carriage ride, of course!

Every year, the Shull family takes an old fashioned carriage ride and it is always magical!  This is something that probably happens in your community too!  Carriage rides during the Christmas season are just so much fun!!  This was us on Monday night...

We love "our" horses.  My kiddos talk about these horses all year long!  Shannon (who owns this little carriage company) has 10 horses and I swear, my kids can name them all!  This is Buttermilk and Silver.


 Kensington asked if next year, we can just pet the horses the whole time (instead of riding the carriage!).  I think Lovie needs to buy this girl a pony (and keep it at her house, feed it, care for it, pay for it, etc.).


Some traditions are kind of grand (like this one), but it's an evening we talk about all year long.  I love spending time with my little ones.  If a carriage ride is near you, you should think about it!  There is nothing quite as magical as listening to Christmas music and the klip-klop of horse feet as you look at lights :).

To see us on our carriage ride last year, click here.  To see 2011, click here.  To see 2010, click here.  This is truly a Shull family tradition!

So, what's Buddy the Elf up to???

And on Day 3, our Elf did a snow angel...out of Kosher salt.  I learned last year that salt is easier to work with (and to clean up) than flour.  Salt is heavier and doesn't really move during the day (while flour on the other hand, does).  Yes, we had a little salty mess on our counter all day...but my kids LOVED it!  And at night, I just took the vacuum hose and sucked it right up!  Simple and fun!


Hello cuteness!  Aren't these fun?  We used gingerbread men but you could use whatever cookie cutter you love the most (Christmas trees and snowmen would be fun too!).  This is the perfect recipe to make with your kiddos!  Click here to see!


And today is the day to spend that Gap Cash we all earned in November!  Between now and the 8th, you can redeem your Gap Cash (and according to the emails you ladies have sent me...you have a lot of it!).  Don't forget to take advantage of this!!


Here are some of my favorite things right now to use my Gap cash on...

Metallic Leopard Pullover, Fair Isle open-front Cardigan, Fair Isle Tunic

I really love all 3 of these sweaters!  They're all cozy, warm and fun (without being too over-the-top for a basic Wednesday!).  Plus, getting a sweater on sale is really a great bang for your buck!

Striped Waffle Knit Hoodie, Moto Coat, Flannel PJ Pants, Ribbed Sweater Hoodie

And all 3 of these things are different...but I love them all!  I will wear that hoodie all the time, the black moto coat will never go out of style, flannel pajama pants...need I say more, and I love, love, love that red sweater (available in other colors too!).


Tis the season to make sure you use your Gap Cash!

And wait for it...what are we giving away today????



We're giving away one of Rodan+Fields AMP MD Systems!  And it's worth $200!  I am just so excited about this!!!


The reviews about this product are phenomenal! 


To learn more about all of Rodan+Fields other products, click here.  I'm using their eye cream right now and it's just perfect!  They really do have a wonderful skincare line!  

If you order one of these systems through my friend Shea right now, she will also give you sunless tanner, eye cream and lip microdermabrasion for free!  Tis the season to get your skin in shape!  For more info, click here to read Shea's blog.  She's going to discuss it today!


One last thing, so many of you loved my organizing totes from yesterday's post!  If you want to see more (great Christmas gift ideas!!), click here.  There are a lot of really cute monogrammed bags and such you could give this holiday season!



*********************************
Whew!  I need a nap after all of that excitement!

Thanks for hanging out with us today on our 3rd Day of Christmas!

And if you missed it...
On the 1st Day of Christmas: I explained a lot to you and gave away a HUGE gift card!
On the 2nd Day of Christmas: I wrapped presents galore and gave away jewelry! (And the winner of our Stella & Dot contest on that day is Aileen!!  If that's you, email Sheaffer at pinteresttoldmeto@yahoo.com!)

Merry!  Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment