Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Colored Coats


I love a colored coat.  Love it...
...nothing brightens up a cold, rainy, or dreary day better than a nice bright coat!  It doesn't matter what you are wearing underneath...the coat makes the statement and instantly makes you look put together (even if you're just wearing your yoga clothes underneath!).

And this is why, the colored coat is a Shade of Shay :).



Look at these ladies in their colored coats..
...don't they look good?!?!  What if they were all wearing black coats?  Would their picture have caught your eye?  Probably not!  The colored coat is where it's at...and as someone who has a closet full of colored coats (collected over the years, because a coat rarely ever goes out of style!), this is definitely a shade of me!

Let's take a look at what a little color could do for you...

The Peacoat

The Peacoat is probably my favorite colored coat because it's timeless.  The shape works well with office or dressier clothes and it also does well thrown over jeans or leggings.  Peacoats keep you warm, they work well with scarves, they are classic.

This Burgundy Peacoat and White Peacoat just scream classic...no mater what's underneath.


The Trenchcoat
Trench plus Wellies equals perfection.

On a rainy day, all a girl needs is her trench coat and a bright umbrella.  Oh yeah...and her Wellies.

Green Trench, Pink Trench, Yellow Trench...all 3 of these coats will brighten up even the dreariest of days!

And to pair with your trench...
...the PERFECT rain boot.  Absolutely perfect.  If you don't have a Wellie, you need one.  Today.  Right now.  I'm talking to you.  You know who you are.
  

The Neutral Coat 
(for those of you who love a good neutral!)
A neutral coat will be in your closet for years.  And years.  And years.  I have one hanging in my closet right now that I bought my senior year of high school when I went to NYC with the girls in my family...14 years ago!  And it still looks good!


Neutral does not have to be boring.  All 5 of these neutral coats would be gorgeous paired with other neutral colors or bright colors too.  Think about a bright scarf to go with it...

I blogged about this scarf yesterday...it's the softest scarf I own (and I own about 7,593 of them).  Wouldn't it look so great with a neutral coat?!?!  And it's 35% off today!



The Puffy Coat
It's not glamorous, it's not fancy, it's not super special...but every girl needs a Puffy Coat in her closet.  Even Gwyneth, Bethenny and Olivia need one...and if they can be superstars and need one, you probably need one too.

A puffy coat can be in a fun color too!  I love these three puffy coats...they'll keep you warm and cheery on the coldest of cold days!


The Colored Jacket
Colored jackets are so easy and so versatile...and can make even a boring old tee and jeans look polished.  I am totally loving these right now...
Pink Moto Jacket, Blue Moto Jacket, Gray Plaid Moto Jacket, Blue Plaid Moto Jacket

And don't forget this...
...everything at Gap is 35% off right now!  This sale ends TODAY!  All 4 of those jackets are included :).

My New Favorite

I bought this red peacoat this season and am in love!  This will be my Christmas coat for years and years to come...prepare yourself for 8000 pics of me in this coat!


The Puffer Vest
Did you see this Sunday...
 I am OBSESSED with my new Puffer Vest!


Here are the fun colors...
Gap's Puffer Vest is my new very favorite find this season!  I will be wearing the heck out of it!  Especially layered over all of my long-sleeved striped shirts.

So, as you can see...I'm colored coat obsessed!  Throw on your boyfriend jeans, a scarf, some boots and a colored coat...and you're dressed like me.

It's just another day of 52 Shades of Shay!

Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here
Find me on Instagram here.

And on my foodie blog...

And don't forget, the new blog where I'm contributing is up and running today with our first post!  Come check us out!



Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment