Friday, October 11, 2013

Slow Cooker Baked Bean Round-Up

I blinked, and now it's July. It's full-on summer mode in our house, which means that any sort of schedule or sense of parental control has gone completely out the window. I was good for about a week --- I kept the TV off between 10 and 4 and we were outside more than in, and the kids were cooperating with me and each other.

it was blissful.

and then it ended.

I now have a sore throat from all the yelling...

We're trying to camp as many weekends as we can this summer. We're  not doing anything spectacular -- just staying close to home and testing out different campgrounds within an hour or two from the house. We are the proud new owners of a tiny pop-up tent trailer, and we love it. I must admit that I'm not the best camper in the world, but I'm really trying to get better. I love the idea of unplugging for a bit here and there, and I think it's important for the kids to get dirty and not freak out when they come across bugs. I'm acutely aware that I'm raising three girls, and am trying my hardest to expose them to as much as I can and foster self-sufficiency.

the best part of the pop-up? It has outlets. For the crockpot(s). A bit of comfort from home is not a bad thing, right?

Top 10 Baked Bean Recipes:

1. Bourbon Baked Beans

2. Potluck Beans

3. Boston Baked Beans

4. Lima Bean Casserole Cassoulet

5. Mexican Black Beans

6. Honey Lentils

7. Cowboy Beans

8. Barbecue Beans and Weenies

9. Baked Beans with JalapeƱo and Apple

10. Baked Bean Soup

Have a wonderful and safe Fourth of July. Enjoy your family!!

other stuff:
 * lots of giveaways are happening on the Giveaway page!
* I wrote a freelance article on Potty Training for the What to Expect website
* there's nothing here. I just felt like I needed three asterisks. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment