Friday, October 11, 2013

May Pin-spired!

Happy Pin-spired!  

Mel, Sheaffer and I are showing you how Pinterest inspires us to get dressed every day.  This month, it's all about my very favorite color to wear...and girls...I think I make a pretty good case for it!  

It's all about Navy in May!


I just adore navy and white.  Apparently, I'm not the only one because look at all of the Pinterest inspiration out there for me...


These are my Pin-spired images for the month!  I was totally inspired by these looks!

It's classic.  It's fresh.  It's sophisticated.  It goes with everything you already have.  It's perfect for May and summer.

I rarely wear black.  To me, black is often harsh where navy is more light.  Even in the fall and winter, I tend to pair everything with navy.  

Sometimes, black doesn't blend well with other colors.  Just look at my side by side comparisons...



To me, navy is just the better choice sometimes. 

I love this first outfit because I know I'll wear that gingham shirt year around!  It will layer with my sweaters and scarves for fall and also work with shorts this summer.  Gap's boyfriend shirts are my favorite!  The shorts...my favorite J Crew Chinos, of course!


My second look is all about the stripes...
I took another bright pair of J Crew shorts (in neon flamingo) and this time, paired it with my favorite statement necklace and navy and white stripes.

My striped shirt is no longer in stock, but these are...
Short Sleeve Stripe, Long Sleeve Stripe (I have this one in red & love it!), Zip Cuff Tee


For this navy look...I just paired my little Gap tank with white jeans and a big necklace!
That was easy!

And for my 4th look...a navy scarf.
I bought my navy scarf last fall (the first image), so it's no longer in stock but these other navy scarves are super cute!  They're all light and will look so cute over tanks, tees and dresses this summer.

And here are a few other navy things I just love...

Bags
MK Bag (25% off right now!), Crossbody Bag, Torry Burch Tote 

I love these bags!  They would work for all four seasons!

Jewelry

And this navy jewelry is so much fun!  I love all three pieces :).

And finally...

I mean, really?  How cute are these wedges?!?!  Eeks!  Love them!

Whew!  I'm excited it's May!  I'm excited to be Pin-spired with all of you!  Don't forget to link up below!

And...I have the perfect weekend burger for you...


Nothing says a Friday in May more than a cheeseburger with beer inside.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment