Thursday, October 17, 2013

Lucky Me

We don't use the word lucky in our house because we don't feel like luck has anything to do with life...we feel blessed by the Lord.  We're blessed, not lucky.  BUT in honor of St. Patrick's Day and all of that Irish blood I have in me, I thought today we would call this post Lucky Me for grins :).


This is pretty much a snapshot of my life.  Every day.  Lucky.


I found the kids using my phone in Kensington's room the other day and when I asked what they were doing, they said "taking family pictures".  This is what I found on my camera roll.  Funny kids!


Their little family.


I took Ebby Lee and Kensington to the park after dinner the other night and as we were walking there, they started talking about how their names would change when they get married to Kensington McAnally and Ebby Lee Shull.  Let me just say, I would be extremely lucky if Ebby Lee was my daughter-in-law and Luke was my son-in-law.  That's pretty much perfection!


I've been trying to do some fun Spring Break activities with the kiddos, so Sheaffer offered to watch Smith while I took K to get a manicure and pedicure.  Love spending time with my sweet girl!


And let's all just face it...lucky me.


It was 56 degrees outside but Erika and I took the kids swimming.  Well, the kids swam in the heated pool and we sat in lounge chairs in our sweats.  The kids had the very best time and swam for two hours!  A great morning!


Erika forgot to pack Nixon jeans...so the poor kid took this pic in his shorts (it was still cold mama!).


Sweet girls post swim!


Lucky them.

On Thursday, it was our 10 year wedding anniversary and this is how we celebrated: tee ball practice, Mexican food with the kids and Jenga.  Lucky family.

I really try and take at least 10 minutes every afternoon for a cup of coffee and some magazine reading.  This is my favorite little downtown.  And the nail polish is Pompeii Purple...lucky you that I knew you would ask ;).

Dinner and coloring at our favorite downtown diner.


And then we stopped for ice cream after dinner.  Lucky them.


Andrew got all of Kensington's snuggles, lucky him.


But I got bites of Smith's ice cream, lucky me.


When we got home, we set out on a walk with Poppy.  Lucky dog.


All pink.


My little world.  Lucky me.


Don't forget, today is Meal Planning Monday!  I have so many yummy and simple recipes for you to try this week!  Click here.





No comments:

Post a Comment